Field Service Technician (Sr. Digital Service Specialist)
Company: Canon Solutions America, Inc.
Location: San Jose
Posted on: May 15, 2022
The best problem solvers are true knowledge seekers. Providing a
high level of technical support is no simple feat in dynamic
environments. You must be willing to learn and comprehend new
products and skills at a moment's notice. If you're in the business
of supplying seamless and expert operational, maintenance, and
networking support and thrive in a 24/7 customer-driven setting, we
want to hear from you. Canon Solutions America, a pioneer in
technology, solutions, and services, is actively on the lookout for
a Sr Digital Service Specialist to make an immediate impact on our
talented team. Responsibilities We're searching for a true
go-getter to: - Diagnose mechanical, software, network, and system
failures, using established procedures.
- Service and repair designated equipment to Canon standards and
- Report product failure trends and serviceability issues to
managers with necessary supported documentation, ensuring accurate
information and recordkeeping.
- Help meet and exceed customer demands by providing efficient,
responsive, and accurate Field/Shop/on-site maintenance.
- Diligently maintain all technical information, Field Service
Reports, Expense Reports, and Canon property assigned.
- Control all technical information and Canon property
- Assist with the solutions of escalated technical and/or customer
service-related problem areas for any territory when requested.
- Maintain complete working knowledge, aptitude, and ability to
repair multiple product lines including troubleshooting,
diagnostics, and preventive maintenance.
- Communicate with supervisors and other departments regarding the
solution of escalated technical and/or customer service-related
- Interface with customer IT depts. Qualifications Please note:
this is a customer-facing role, and requires compliance with
customer policies and protocols, which may include COVID-19
vaccination and other measures relating to COVID-19. We're looking
for a dedicated individual with:
- Typically requires general and/or vocational training plus 2 to 4
years of related experience.
- An Associate's degree in electronics or electrical engineering
capacity from an accredited college or technical school or
- Direct experience working as a field technician.
- The capacity to meet or exceed the minimum performance standards
for productive technical quality and customer satisfaction for
- The ability to travel (valid driver's license and acceptable
driving record necessary).
- Capable of excelling in a 24/7 environment, while performing
shift work and on-call rotations.
- Required to take all necessary steps to obtain security and/or
other clearances required by customers to enter the customers'
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and be active more than 50 percent
of the time (walking, standing, stooping/kneeling). Company
Overview About our Company - Canon Solutions America, Inc. empowers
companies of all sizes to succeed by supplying market leading
enterprise, production, and large format printing solutions,
supported by exceptional professional service offerings. With
unwavering dedication to promote professional innovation, Canon
Solutions America, Inc. helps drive sustainability, nurture
efficiency, and regulate costs through the unification of
comprehensive digital and traditional printing and document
management solutions. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A.,
Canon Solutions America, Inc. is headquartered in Melville, NY and
has sales and service locations across the U.S. Our parent company,
Canon Inc. (NYSE: CAJ), which earned approximately $30.4 billion in
global revenue in 2020, ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted
in 2020 and was named one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most
Admired Companies in 2020. Canon Solutions America offers a
competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision,
401(k) Savings Plan, discretionary profit sharing, discretionary
success sharing, educational assistance, recognition programs,
vacation, and much more. A more comprehensive list of what we have
to offer is available at We comply with all applicable federal,
state and local laws, regulations, orders and mandates, including
those we may be required to follow as a federal government
contractor/subcontractor. We are an EEO/AA employer.
Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site
csa.canon.com/careers , we cannot guarantee the validity of this
posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at
csa.canon.com/careers . #CSA Workstyle Description Full Time On
Site (Hub) - This position requires full-time presence at your
assigned office(s)/worksite(s)/territory. Posting Tags #LI-TC1
Keywords: Canon Solutions America, Inc., San Jose , Field Service Technician (Sr. Digital Service Specialist), IT / Software / Systems , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!