Sr. Embedded BSP Software Engineer
Location: San Jose
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility
solutions that will foster the development of human-centered
cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical
take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility
needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless
intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final
destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and
services to define a new category of mobility for the world's
communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to
help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving
people's ability to move - whether for work or play.What we do:The
BSP software engineer is a key member of Digital Platform team,
will be working together with other team members to develop all
software needed for on board embedded software platform which
serves as software foundation for UAM vehicle Intelligent System
applications such as autonomy and vehicle health software. The
ideal candidate will have strong embedded software development
expertise, problem-solving skills, and be able to work well both on
an individual basis and in a team environment. The successful
candidate must work well with engineering team members, colleagues
from other organizations, customers, and contractors to contribute
to overall company success.What you can do:
- Craft and develop embedded software under RealTime OS (RTOS)
environment for vehicle digital software platform.
- Bring up boards, work on embedded kernels, develop device
drivers for various autonomy sensors such as camera and LIDAR to
compute platform for both edge computing and central computing at
CPU and GPU.
- Develop data infrastructure, messaging sub-system, library
integration, mechanism and modules for robustness and stability,
- Generate vital design documents and whitepapers as needed.
- Collaborate with system engineers and architects and other
developers to implement software per requirements and safety
- Interact with our partners, vendors, and internal/external
customers as neededWhat you can bring:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical
Engineering, or other related fields.
- Strong programming skills in C/C++.
- Minimum 8 years of experience as an embedded system software
developer working under Linux OS environment, and 2 years of
experience working with one of leading RealTime OS (RTOS).
- Proven knowledge of Linux kernel internals (process scheduler,
memory management, concurrency/synchronization, memory allocation,
file systems) and networking or storage subsystems
- Prior bringup experience with ARM and/or x86 based SOC.
- Experienced in developing and debugging device drivers,
bootloaders, or board support packages (BSP)
- Prior experience on bringup and developing device drivers for
at least one type of sensors, such as camera, LiDar and radar.
- Successful development experience in embedded system software
for high efficiency data pipeline, message handling, system
performance and stability.
- Deep experience on all aspects of software engineering
processes and tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.You may also
- Prior experience on autonomous control infrastructure software
for automotive, robotics, unmanned aircraft system.
- Experience with ISO 26262, DO-178C, or other safety-related
software and product development processes.Any offer of employment
is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background
check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender
expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may
request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in
the job application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at:
email@example.comThis position may include access to certain
technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to
U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export
control authorization is required in connection with your
employment, your employment is contingent upon Supernal's receipt
of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued
compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such
license or authorization.
Keywords: Supernal, San Jose , Sr. Embedded BSP Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!