Electric Vehicle (EV) Field Service Technician
Company: Pearce Renewables
Location: San Jose
Posted on: January 16, 2022
At PEARCE RENEWABLES, we've got a career for you.
Pearce Renewables is the nations leading independent service
provider for the clean energy industry. Pearce offers comprehensive
operations and maintenance services for wind, solar, battery energy
storage, and EV infrastructure owners and operators around the
United States. Pearce has significant experience with the
commissioning, maintenance, and repair of critical Electric Vehicle
Supply Equipment (EVSE) and serves the majority of the major
companies leading the electrification of passenger and fleet
vehicles with a business focus in the commissioning, service, and
maintenance of EV charging infrastructure.
The company has a team of nationwide, highly-trained technicians to
provide in-the-field O&M services for public charging networks,
EV fleet charging, and EVSE OEMs and has a distinguished reputation
for safety and performance.
We are searching for a skilled and motivated EV Field Service
Technician. This key role is responsible for the onsite repair and
maintenance of EV charging stations in a specific geographic
region, including but not limited to site safety, electrical system
maintenance/repair, site field reports, and other duties as
required to properly maintain and operate the site within the
This role must be able to work independently with little to no
supervision and will be required to work in the field under various
conditions. Evening or weekend work is rare but, may be requested
for emergency response. Candidates must have a strong background in
electrical maintenance and troubleshooting.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform OEM testing, troubleshooting, repairs, and upgrades/
revisions to a broad range of equipment, ranging from Level 2 EV
chargers to DC Fast Chargers
- Perform testing on equipment, including but not limited to;
insulation testing (megger testing), thermal imagery, torque tests,
and performance evaluations.
- Troubleshoot system performance issues and locate/isolate
- Work closely with the Planning and Scheduling team to ensure
maintenance schedules are adhered to and work orders are completed
accurately and on time
- Conduct site safety assessments and identify all safety hazards
on the job site, properly generate and complete JHA, LOTO, and
other safety-related documentation as per OSHA and site-specific
- Review site manuals and drawings to ensure proper service and
maintenance of equipment
- In fieldwork including electrical and mechanical preventative
and corrective maintenance of site equipment, site field reporting,
work order completion, and other work as needed.
- Quality assurance for all work performed on-site
- Overall site cleanliness
- Communicate with internal and external customers, as
- Generate professional service specific reports using a work
order system that can be presented to the customer.
- Ensure that all issues at the site are documented in the work
order system and are addressed in a timely manner.
- Planned and unplanned overtime and emergency response work may
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years equivalent experience in servicing electrical power
equipment in the commercial or utility energy field and/or formal
- Strong electrical, electronic, and mechanical troubleshooting
skills. Technical knowledge of EV chargers, solar power
installations, or other applicable power electronics is preferred,
but not required.
- High school diploma or GED Equivalent
- Strong understudying of OSHA safety requirements including
LOTO, Arc Flash, JHA/JSA, etc.
- Valid state drivers license
- Electrical Certified Electrician (Journeyman level) from a
relevant state (preferred)
- Possess a strong work ethic, be a self-starter, and work with
little to no supervision.
- Excellent technical and non-technical verbal and written
- Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Management System
(CMMS) to generate, track, and complete site work
- Ability to understand and work within company business
processes and ensure an efficient working environment.
- Demonstrates safe work practices and quality orientation
- Able to work within a project team and to spend long hours
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems independently with a
high level of results orientation.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- This role requires working in all elements, depending on job
location, time of year, heat, cold, rain & snow (depending on
geographic region for the role).
- Working around high voltages and currents.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE), including a hard hat
and safety glasses at all times.
- Repetitive use of legs, arms, hands, and fingers
- Working days, nights, weekends, and overtime as required.
- Travel may be required.
WHAT WE OFFER
Join the countrys largest national independent services company
that will provide you with the tools and resources you need to
design, build and enhance a successful career. Pearce offers a
family-friendly and innovative culture with opportunities for
growth, competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits (medical,
dental, vision, life insurance), PTO/Holidays, and a
company-matching 401(k) Retirement plan. Also provided are a
company vehicle, phone, laptop, or tablet (as required for your
role), and all necessary tools and safety equipment.
For immediate consideration, please apply at the provided link and
submit your most current resume.
Pearce Renewables believes in strength through diversity. We are an
equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the
decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based
on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status,
age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability,
medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any
other status protected under federal, state, or local law.by
Keywords: Pearce Renewables, San Jose , Electric Vehicle (EV) Field Service Technician, IT / Software / Systems , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!