Software QA Engineer - Android (Fully Remote)
Location: San Jose
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Squadformers was created because we believe that great work can
be done better together. Our team is composed of a bunch of
creators, designers, and builders by heart and our mission is to
make things on Earth better than they were before.
At the core of Squadformers is the team, or as we like to call it,
the Squad. We are friends and colleagues that lift you up when
things get tough, challenge you to be a better version of yourself,
and respect one another, all while working together on an important
mission for the world. Yes. We like to be decent Humans...
We have two types of missions: client missions, and greater good
missions. We use the money from the client missions to fund the
greater good missions because those we do for free. Important
missions that urgently need our help, like climate change and
inequality. And the client missions? Those are important, too. We
help Silicon Valley startups like Gabb create safer and less
distracting technology for kids. We help Bevy create community with
their online platform. And we help Compose build a less distracting
online world, with more focus and flow. And many more.
About This Role
- You'll be part of a growing distributed team. Which means you
are remote 100% of the time.
- You'll be implementing new features, redesign or removing
existing ones, and fixing bugs.
- You'll be working on missions for our clients to help improve
product velocity, deliver and help build delightful products.
- You'll collaborate and communicate with your squad members on a
daily basis to share knowledge and expertise.
- Ability to contribute to a fast-moving startup and help have
meaningful, direct, impact.
- Be a part of a team that values each other and is interested in
the professional and personnel progression of one another.
The Software QA Engineer - Mobile at Squadformers ensures the
quality of our software for our clients. Our ideal candidate has
high attention to detail and has a passion for quality software.
You strive to make sure that the software does what it's supposed
to do and are constantly looking for ways to improve our testing
and automation process. At Squadformers, you will make an immediate
impact in building products that users love
What You'll Be Doing
- Write solid, usable tests in applicable Android mobile testing
framework that enables the team to automate the mobile testing
- Provide quality and usability feedback to the engineering teams
in a timely, organized fashion.
- Help to discover issues and monitor fixes and perform
- Act as a sounding board to the Squads as you manage test
ownership, provide subject matter knowledge, explain best
practices, and educate developers on using QA tools
- Design test cases and write automated tests in Android mobile
- Maintain and improve our automated test suite.
- 3+ years in automating tests for the Android platform.
- Familiarity with flashing devices and testing system level
- Start-up mentality including adaptability and willingness to
flex when necessary to meet customer needs
- Strong experience using Git and GitHub.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to work up to 40 hours per week during
core business hours (Pacific time zone).
- Strong English communication skills including ability to build
strong work relationships with a variety technical product managers
- Basic skills with terminal/bash and scripting skills.
- We value diversity and will review any candidate, within the
United States regardless of time zone.
- We prefer candidates that are within the Pacific time zone or
close to it and/or willing/able to work within that time zone in
order to align with our squads and clients.
- Bonus: Hardware testing experience.
- Very competitive compensation.
- We are thrilled to announce that we are moving to W2 for all of
our staff as of 2022 and will be offering PTO as well.
- No need for relocation or commuting each day!
Keywords: Squadformers, San Jose , Software QA Engineer - Android (Fully Remote), IT / Software / Systems , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!