Lead Embedded Software Engineer
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 23, 2021
We're looking for self-motivated team members who crave a
challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help
realize Recogni's enormous potential. Recogni's mission is to
design a vision-oriented artificial intelligence system for
autonomous vehicles from the ground up. The system will deliver
unprecedented inference performance through novel edge processing,
allowing vehicles to see farther and make driving decisions faster
than humans while consuming minimal amounts of energy. Backed by
WRVI Capital, Continental, Robert Bosch, GreatPoint Ventures,
Toyota AI Ventures, BMW i Ventures, The Mayfield Fund, and other
leading VC partners, the company is headquartered in San Jose,
California with additional operations in Munich, Germany. We value
having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow-whether you're
just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you'll
be amazed at the magnitude of your impact. About the role As a
senior member of Recogni's embedded software team, you will be
responsible for implementing the software that runs inside a
high-performance and low-power convolutional neural network
accelerator ASIC that forms the core of the company's flagship
perception module product for autonomous driving applications.--
Running in the ASIC, this software orchestrates the computational
accelerators and system interfaces to form an end-to-end vision
perception module that achieves record-breaking computational
performance at low power, interfacing with an autonomous vehicle's
central path planning system from multiple points on the vehicle.
Your responsibilities will be wide-ranging and and run the gamut of
full firmware lifecycle including design, development, debugging
and ongoing sustaining engineering. Responsibilities
- Work as a principal technical contributor in the definition,
design, implementation and verification of the embedded software of
a high-performance AI-based camera and perception module for ADAS
- Utilize formal design processes to develop embedded software
that meets the high-reliability and functional safety requirements
of the the perception module.
- Contribute to the selection, integration and debug of real-time
operating systems (RTOS).
- Integrate (or develop where necessary) low-level I/O drivers
(e.g. Automotive Ethernet, USB, GPIO, etc.).
- Implement cryptographic integrity checking, secure boot (with
hard time-to-operational requirements) and over-the-air update
lifecycle functionalities for the embedded software.
- Collaborate with hardware engineers designing
application-specific integrated circuits (ASIC) in the selection of
embedded CPU cores (e.g. ARM, RISC-V, etc.), as well as supporting
functionality variants of those cores (e.g. MMU, MPU, VLIW vector
- Perform system bringup, debugging and testing.
- Perform requirements analysis and author high-level and
- Troubleshoot software issues and fix defects.
- Write test specifications and integration tests.
- Architect and maintain automated software build flows,
integrate with continuous integration (CI) systems, and author
scripts and utilities. Qualifications
- B.S. (M.S. preferred) in Computer Science, Electrical or
Computer Engineering or a related field.
- 10+ years of experience developing embedded software.
- Excellent proficiency in C/C++ programming coupled with a
genuine passion for embedded software development.
- Experience with low-level RTOSes (QNX, vxWorks, ThreadX, etc.)
and developing device drivers for them.
- Experience with embedded development IDEs and debuggers (gdb,
lldb, etc.) and JTAG-based debugging.
- Experience with embedded development tool-chains and
- Experience with multiprocessor-based embedded systems.
- Experience with software architecture, development and testing
- Experience with automated software testing systems for embedded
- Experience with with standard hardware blocks and
protocols--(MIPI, PCIe, USB, GPIO, I2C, SPI, UART, MMU, DMA,
- Some experience working with safety critical systems with
exposure to DO-178C or ISO 26262 preferred, but is not a must.
- Demonstrable proficiency with test equipment relevant to
embedded product development (JTAG, logic analyzers, scopes,
- Ability to comprehend hardware specs and schematics.
- Familiarity with version control systems (expertise in Git is
- Self-starter and highly-motivated to work in a dynamic start-up
environment. Reasons to consider joining Recogni:
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; be part of shaping one
of the most exciting new companies.
- Learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse
and talented peer group, including experts in a wide range of
fields, from Artificial Intelligence & Computer Vision to Systems &
- Competitive benefits package including 401k,
Medical+Dental+Vision+Life insurance, and Short+Long Term
- Perks including meals, snacks, drinks and us!
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- Employee Stock Plan Recogni's culture was built on the
following values that are equally important to us as business:
- Put people first. We only succeed when our people succeed.
- Ethics and integrity always; Being open, honest, and respectful
- Think Big. Be ambitious and have audacious goals.
- Aim for excellence. Quality and excellence count in everything
- Own it and get it done. Results matter!
- Make Each Person Better together than they would be as an
- Embrace each others' differences.
- Embrace that there will be differences. Recogni is an equal
opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse team is better at
tackling complex problems and coming up with innovative solutions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression,
marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and
Keywords: Recogni, San Jose , Lead Embedded Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!