Principal Mobile Operating Systems Architect
Location: San Jose
Posted on: October 17, 2020
About the role
We are looking for a hardworking and ambitious software engineer to
drive innovation in client computing.
In the Client Line of Business, the Technology Strategy team is
dedicated to crafting the best possible mobile experiences. We work
collaboratively across Arm technology groups, and with partners
across the ecosystem, including operating system vendors (OSVs),
silicon providers (SiPs) and OEMs, as well as middleware and
We seek an experienced Operating Systems Architect, who
- Identify and build links with key deeply technical staff at OS
providers, understand the problems they face, and evolve mutually
- Collaborate with architects across Arm to define and align
technologies to meet future market requirements.
- Provide thought leadership across the industry on the future of
mobile operating systems, servicing the world's most used devices
You should have a track record of developing and delivering
solutions for the smartphone or other compute markets. You will
have lead initiatives as an architect or senior designer at an OEM,
SiP, OSV, or content developer. You should be able to lead and
encourage colleagues, with a deep understanding of how software and
hardware work together in modern mobile systems.
What will I be accountable for?
- Align roadmaps with OS and other software vendors, ensuring Arm
technologies are crafted to meet their needs.
- Drive teams to evaluate emerging and existing mobile use cases,
distilling them to shape hardware and software requirements
- Clearly and effectively communicate with internal and external
teams, lead architects, and senior management.
What Skills, experience, and qualifications do I need:
Several, but not necessarily all, of the following:
- Broad knowledge of mobile operating system fundamentals,
frameworks, and runtimes. Deep knowledge of Android and/or iOS
internals is helpful.
- Specific experience of OS frameworks and runtimes for Learning,
Imaging / Computer Vision, or Augmented Reality (AR).
- Experience with the Linux kernel, or other open development
communities. Specific experience with OS schedulers, quality of
service (QoS), or dynamic system partitioning techniques is
- A proven understanding of mobile SoC architectures
You will additionally have:
- Great analytical skills - we will persuade our partners through
- Outstanding communication skills - phenomenal at listening
- Bachelors (BS) or Masters (MS) in Electrical Engineering or
Computer Engineering - although other degrees will be considered
with relevant work experience.
- A minimum of 7 years expertise in relevant areas
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflects our rare
culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to
defy ordinary and shape extraordinary.We, not I
Collaboration first, egos last.
---Start with long-term value to customers and partners, and work
back from there.
---Collaborate, decide, commit, and bring people with you.
---Make the most of all the skills and knowledge across Arm; share
information with those who need it.
---Care about the people around you.
Passion for progress
Innovation that enables our ecosystems, Arm and our people to
---Work with pace and judgement. Adapt to circumstances.
---Take risk in support of Arm's progress.
---Be accountable for the decisions you take. Learn from
---Pursue innovation relentlessly.
Be your brilliant self
Skillful individuality, performance and fulfilment.
---Seek and embrace differences.
---Encourage curiosity and challenge.
---Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you
to do brilliant work in pursuit of Arms goals.
Keywords: Arm, San Jose , Principal Mobile Operating Systems Architect, IT / Software / Systems , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!