Staff Software Engineer - Nanolog/C-language
Company: Zscaler, Inc.
Location: San Jose
Posted on: September 15, 2020
Position: Staff Software Engineer
Location: San Jose, CA
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the
security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers
the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global
data centers to securely connect users to their applications,
regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries
protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our
people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry
that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always
looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people
that want to make a difference.
Nanolog is Zscaler s big data stack. It was purpose-built from
scratch to deal with several billions of events originating from
Zscaler s distributed proxy and firewall enforcement nodes located
in several data-centers across the globe. Nanolog uses patented
technology to reduce log volume by 10 to 50 times with several
compression techniques. Not only does the platform collects and
store logs, it also provides rich real-time analytics capabilities
that power a variety of dashboards for customers. Customers are
empowered to discover and analyze all their traffic that flows
through Zscaler s distributed proxy network in real-time. The
platform also caters to the data mining requirements of Zscaler s
security research team who scour through the mountain of data
always on the lookout for new threats emerging on the internet. The
data-mining platform is also purpose built using map-reduce
techniques and exposes a SQL-like query language. For those
customers who like to have a copy of these logs, the Nanolog
platform can also stream these logs in real-time from Zscaler s
cloud to customer s premises.
Come and join our team and be a part of this exciting
transformation to cloud-based security.
* 10+ years in Software Development
* Proficiency in C programming language
* Strong in Algorithms and Data Structures
* Good understanding of distributed systems
* Very good debugging and troubleshooting skills.
* Working knowledge of any Unix system
* Strong in fundamentals - High-performance Computing, Event-based
programming, Multi-threading, Memory optimization, Fault Tolerance
* Experience developing large, maintainable software product
* Strong software design, profiling and verification skills
* Experience leading and/or mentoring a small team
* BS degree or higher strongly preferred
* Knowledge of internals of databases.
* Knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP protocols and tuning
* Working knowledge of Java
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
* An environment where you will be working on cutting edge
technologies and architectures
* A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
* Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
* The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our
values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in
the industry* Do you want to work on disruptive technology* Do you
thrive in a fluid work environment* Do you appreciate a company
culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates
achievement* If you said yes, we d love to talk to you about
joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at
http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Zscaler, Inc., San Jose , Staff Software Engineer - Nanolog/C-language, IT / Software / Systems , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!