Field Service Engineer
Company: Atlas Copco Tools & Assembly Systems LLC
Location: San Jose
Posted on: September 14, 2020
Quick apply --
Field Service Engineer - San Jose
Atlas Copco Tools & Assembly Systems LLC
Date of posting:
Sep 1, 2020
Do you enjoy solving technical problems and explaining them to
customers? Are you a self-starter who enjoys the independence of
working autonomously in a variety of workplaces? We have the right
job for you! You will spend most of your time responding to
scheduled and emergency field repair of tooling or production
As a Field Service Engineer, you will be the customer's first point
of contact with Atlas Copco and an ambassador for our brand.
Excellent communication skills, responsiveness to customer demands,
computer literacy and accurate service record keeping are important
attributes for this position.
Your main responsibility will be to perform routine service, fix
breakdowns, identify faults, and perform major overhauls on our
customer's Atlas Copco equipment.
The role will involve travel to customer sites within your region
(40%) and travel outside your region (60%) as well. The successful
candidate will be located in the San Jose, CA area.
What you can expect from us?
- An inviting, family-like atmosphere
- Ample opportunities for professional development
- New challenges and opportunities to learn every day
- Outstanding company benefits
- Comprehensive onboarding and training program
- A rewarding, forward-thinking company culture with excellent
company benefits - Check for yourself!
What we expect of you?
- Sales and product promotion/demonstration experience
- Flexible responsiveness to customers' production demands which
involves working outside normal working hours
- You're a self-starter who will take ownership of meeting the
- Ability to work independently
- Familiarity with manufacturing/production or assembly plant
working conditions is desirable
- Experience servicing Atlas Copco fastening tools, torque
theory, and fastening knowledge are strongly preferred
- Minimum 2 years' experience working on pneumatic and DC power
tooling in a production environment or equivalent
- Experience in calibrations and assembly tooling preferred but
- IT experience with networking or databases preferred but not
- Troubleshooting experience with excellent
communication/customer service skills
- Microsoft Office suite competence
- Ability to handle noisy environments
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- Valid driver's license
Accessibility Notice: If you need reasonable accommodation for any
part of the employment process due to a physical or mental
disability, please send an email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 973-397-3400. Reasonable
accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case
We add value wherever we do business
The Atlas Copco Group serves customers through innovative
compressors, vacuum solutions, generators, pumps, power tools and
assembly systems. We are a global and diverse Group of many strong
brands and around 34 000 employees representing different cultures
in more than 180 countries. We have a wide range of positions so
whatever your interests or area of expertise, we offer interesting
challenges and the opportunity to grow.
Passionate people create exceptional things. We believe in
challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our
leading edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable
future. We believe that people make it happen and with us you are
empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and
contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.
Learn more at www.atlascopcogroup.com
Atlas Copco is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable federal, state and local fair employment practices laws.
Atlas Copco strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination
against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because
of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry,
ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status
as a transgender or transsexual individual), age, physical or
mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective
service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or
Keywords: Atlas Copco Tools & Assembly Systems LLC, San Jose , Field Service Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!