Lead Software Developer
Location: San Jose
Posted on: March 28, 2020
ANSYS is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping
the world's most innovative companies deliver radically better
products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest
portfolio of engineering simulation software, ANSYS helps companies
solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products
limited only by imagination.
- Join the Research and Development team and create state of the
art software for semiconductor analysis.
- Lead innovation in semiconductor design and manufacturing to
enable smaller device architecture with higher performance and
energy efficiency for powering the smart product revolution.
- Apply knowledge of the physics associated with shrinking
geometries, especially in the emerging 3-D IC, FinFET and
stacked-die architectures, to bring out design challenges related
to power and reliability, affecting design closure.
- Demonstrate expertise in the code and the team's software
- Help to continuously improve both software and processes.
- Lead complex projects involving multiple developers in one or
more areas of the product.
- Evaluate multiple approaches to technical problems and
recommend one solution after considering limitations and
- Build a deep understanding of the domain and the how the
product fits into the user's design flow.
- Communicate clearly with others regarding project status and
risks, and to ensure that work is aligned with the business unit
- Serve as a role model for excellent software skills and a
source of domain expertise within the business unit.
- Diagnose and fix code problems.
- Deliver code that meets requirements on schedule.
- Ensure that code is efficient, scalable, maintainable,
extensible, robust and easy to understand.
- Optimize code to improve tool run time and memory
- Create unit, regression and/or system-level tests to thoroughly
validate new features or changes.
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Electrical or
Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Seven (7) years of experience in a related position.
- Work experience or academic coursework must have included:
- Five (5) years of experience programming in C++;
- experience with the Linux operating system;
- data structures, algorithms, and debugging;
- electronic design at register-transfer and gate level;
- and technical leadership experience, including delivery of
technical projects involving multiple engineers.
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to ANSYS. They inform
us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a
wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and
regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They
are shared beliefs - guideposts that we all follow when we're
facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live
our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for
fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At ANSYS, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most
visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with
innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the
prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class
companies, standards at ANSYS are high, met by those willing to
rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at
ANSYS, it's about the learning, the discovery and the
collaboration. It's about the "what's next" as much as the "mission
accomplished". It's about the melding of disciplined intellect with
strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real
people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on
respect, autonomy and ethics.
At ANSYS, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the
world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class
simulation technology so our customers can turn their design
concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower
cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, ANSYS
has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies
by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and
ANSYS is an S&P 500 company and a component of the
ANSYS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected
ANSYS does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any
unsolicited referral will become the property of ANSYS. Upon hire,
no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Keywords: ANSYS, San Jose , Lead Software Developer, IT / Software / Systems , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!