HR Business Partner
Company: Rosendin Electric
Location: San Jose
Posted on: March 19, 2023
ROSENDIN - We are EMPLOYEE OWNED which means you have the
opportunity to be a company owner. It's one of the best places to
grow your career and work alongside of people who care about great
work and supporting one another. For more than 100 years, Rosendin
has created a reputation for building quality electrical and
communications installations, building value for clients, and
building people within the company. SUMMARY : The HR Business
Partner (HRBP) is responsible for aligning business objectives with
employees and management in designated business units. The position
formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver
value-added service to management and employees that reflects the
business objectives of the organization. The HRBP maintains an
effective level of business literacy about the business unit's
financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its
competition. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Conduct weekly meetings with respective business units.
- Consult with line management, providing HR guidance when
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to
develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to
day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and
ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line
management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development,
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work
relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Develop contract terms for new hires, promotions, and
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures,
workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identify training needs for business units and individual
executive coaching needs.
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of training programs
to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the
general nature and scope of work being performed by this position.
This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned
based on the position's role within the business unit. EDUCATION
AND EXPERIENCE :
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree in HR, Business,
Organizational Development, or Industrial and Organizational
- Minimum 8 years' experience resolving complex employee
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines,
including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis,
employee and union relations, diversity, performance management,
and federal and state respective employment laws
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified
Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential preferred
- Can be a combination of education, training, and relevant
experience COMPETENCIES :
- Influence others (particularly leaders) and partner across the
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of
applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and
- Acquire a thorough understanding of the organization's
hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the
administrative practices related to those factors
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as
- Work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements
with a positive attitude
- Self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Interact effectively and professionally with all levels of
employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and
others TRAVEL :
- up to 25% as needed WORKING CONDITIONS:
- General work environment - sitting for long periods, standing,
walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted
primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as
fluorescent lighting and air conditioning.
- Noise level is usually low to medium.
- Occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs. Rosendin is committed to
creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered
regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. If
you have previously applied to a position through our website, you
can login here .
Keywords: Rosendin Electric, San Jose , HR Business Partner, Human Resources , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...