Company: San Jose Sharks
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 26, 2022
TITLE: Payroll AdministratorPOSITION TYPE: Full Time,
ExemptCOMPANY: Sharks Sports and Entertainment, LLCLOCATION: On
site/HybridREPORTS TO: Payroll supervisor POSTING DATED: June 13th
2022 Summary: Team TealBorn in 1991, Sharks Sports and
Entertainment ("SSE") has grown into a multi-faceted organization
that includes the SAP Center, the NHL San Jose Sharks, the AHL San
Jose Barracuda, three Sharks Ice facilities, and the non-profit
Sharks Foundation. Additionally, we are growing our organization
through expansion in the Bay Area and surrounding communities in
Northern California. We work and play in the Bay Area, and are
deeply influenced by the technology, innovation, diversity, and
commitment to excellence that surrounds us. Our culture is
transforming to reflect those values, with an eye towards a
pioneering, forward-thinking, and inclusive environment in sports
and entertainment. We live, work, and innovate by a set of
Pioneering Principles:T - Team success is more important than
individual successE - Exceptional experience is non-negotiable in
everything we doA - Appreciate others for their diversity and
opinions M - More risk leads to more rewards and expands our
comfort zonesT - Trust that all teammates have the best intentionsE
- Empower all teammates to make informed decisionsA - Always say
what you really mean and do what you sayL - Lead by showing the
respect to others you expect from themWe strive to unite people
through a shared love of ice sports, entertainment, and our
hometown. We are Teal Together; we are Team Teal. Position
Overview: The Payroll Accountant is responsible to perform the
payroll administration and accounting duties in an accurate and
timely manner. The organization's fiscal year ends annually on June
30. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage administration duties for payroll systems utilizing SAP
Success Factors payroll. Establish and maintain employee and
corporate master files. Assist employees with website access.
- Calculate and process commissions, bonuses, union raises,
anniversary raises and reimbursements.
- Process assigned payroll(s) timely, and accurately, including
all interim processing such as voids; replacement checks;
terminations; and corrections.
- Reconcile and process Union and WIP reports on a monthly
- Prepare and process semi-monthly, and special payment runs for
200+ employees (includes exempt, non-exempt, and contract
- Initiate garnishments and other withholdings to appropriate
- Ensure compliance with payroll/employment laws, rules and
- Update and maintain all required internal reconciliations and
schedules related to payroll.
- Generate labor reports from time-tracking system (ABI).
- Maintain and reconcile time-off reports.
- Communicate with employees and/or agents regarding any payroll
- Manage all aspects of W-2 generation and distribution.
- Prepare reports as needed for various projects including, but
not limited to 401K review, Workers Comp census, SOC1
documentation, compliance procedures, audit inquiries and any other
tasks that may be assigned related to the payroll.
- Facilitate regular meetings with coworkers from designated
business units. Minimum Qualifications:
- Two- year business or accounting degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of payroll processing experience.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication (oral
and written) skills.
- Ability to maintain effective work relationships.
- Ability to prioritize and to satisfy diverse, multiple, time
- Evaluate processes for efficiency and relevancy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to ensure privacy of
- Experience with database structures and associated reporting
- Experience working with the SAP Success Factors Payroll
application and ABI timekeeping.
- It is imperative that you can work independently without
supervision, be s-directed and demonstrate initiative.
- Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills, as well as
ability to manage your own time and implement your own
- Payroll Certification- Not required but is a plus.
- Knowledge of wage labor laws and union labor compliance. Not a
requirement but would be a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Office and Advanced
- Self starter with a sharpened sense of urgency and the ability
to regularly meet deadlines. At this time, all SSE employees must
be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to working onsite at any
SSE facility, unless the individual is able to telework or is
otherwise eligible for an exemption in accordance with applicable
law. If on-site services are to be performed, SSE will require you
to certify your vaccination status as part of the onboarding
process.What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- A robust package of healthcare benefits; 401(k)
- Central office location in downtown San Jose at the heart of
Silicon Valley; convenient access to Caltrain, VTA, major freeways
and free parking.
- The opportunity to work with a variety of passionate
individuals, committed to innovating exceptional sports and
entertainment opportunities in our hometown.
- An inclusive culture which values diversity of background and a
passion to improve our SSE's commitment to change with impact on
our community and industry.
- Potential for flexible scheduling and telework
opportunities.This position is not eligible for U.S. work
authorization sponsorship.Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion &
BelongingHere at Team Teal, we recognize and celebrate that
individuals come with a wealth of experience and talent well beyond
any list of required skills and qualifications - in fact, we
believe diversity of backgrounds and skills, combined with passion,
are the most important keys to meaningful innovation and
excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to
apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require
accommodations during the interview process. Sharks Sports and
Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically
accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without
regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin,
marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic
characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military
service or veterans' status, pregnancy, childbirth and related
medical conditions, genetic information, or any other
classification protected by applicable federal, state, and local
laws and ordinances. Notice to Recruiters and AgenciesSSE recruits
candidates directly, rather than through third-party recruiters or
agencies. Under no circumstances will SSE pay a fee for candidates
submitted or presented without a signed recruiting agreement in
place between SSE and the recruiter or agency prior to the
submittal; any submittal must be for requisition specifically and
individually assigned in writing by SSE's HR department. In the
case of candidate(s) submitted or presented to SSE by a recruiter
or agency without a signed agreement AND written assignment by SSE
Human Resources, SSE explicitly reserves the right to pursue and
hire those candidate(s) with no financial obligation to the
recruiter or agency.
Keywords: San Jose Sharks, San Jose , Payroll Administrator, Human Resources , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!