PAYROLL MANAGER (WFH During COVID-19
Location: San Jose
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Small businesses uplift communities and anchor local economies,
while creating opportunities for themselves, their families, their
employees, and our neighborhoods. Yet entrepreneurs who are people
of color, women, and immigrants often struggle to secure capital
and resources, as they are systematically shut out from traditional
financing.-- Accion Opportunity Fund is an unparalleled financial
support system that provides these small businesse owners with
access to capital, networks, and coaching.-- We work to build
inclusive and accessible options for these determined business
owners. For over 25 years we have served a client base that is
nearly 90% women, people of color, or immigrants.-- In addition to
providing resources and loans --to small businesses , we also
conduct original research, advocate for policy changes, and financ
e community --construction projects --in low-income neighborhoods
--through our New Markets Tax Credit program. Together, we are
building a diverse, vibrant community where opportunity, knowledge,
and access to capital are within reach. For more information about
us, visit-- https://aofund.org/ . The Role Reporting to the VP of
Accounting &Controller, Accion Opportunity (AOF) is seeking a
talented and experienced Payroll Manager to join our Finance &
Accounting team. The hirewill oversee the processing and reporting
for all of payroll. It supports theAccounting Department by
providing selected accounting procedures and month end support
pertaining to payroll and benefits and by overseeing the processing
ofemployee expense reimbursement requests and corporate card
expense processing.It supports the Human Resource Department with a
range of duties fromcollecting time sheets to researching various
compliance matters regardingbenefit taxation or worker's
compensation. The ideal candidate will have at least five years of
payrollprocessing experience, ideally including working with
payroll and HRMS such asTriNet, Paylocity or other software;
possess strong attention to detail; have atrack record of handling
confidential information in a professional manner; andwill have the
ability to think critically about policies and procedures in
orderto identify opportunities for improvement. Key
Responsibilities/ Accountabilities: Payroll Processing and
- Preparesemi-monthly payroll, including transfer of time sheet
information andprocessing of commissions & bonuses.
- Reviewtimecard entry for payroll to ensure it is accurate.
- Processmanual check for employee missing hours and final
- Setupnew employees into the payroll system.
- AuditsTime & Attendance and Time Off system for hours worked
manager &employee approvals & overtime.
- Prepares403(b) contributions including semi-monthly entries
into the Vanguard system.
- Updates 403(b) employees'contributions
- Generates 403(b) annual complianceand tax returns
- Prepares journal entry forpayroll, section 125, and 403(b)
- Updatessalary allocation both in the payroll system and
accounting system. Quarterlyor Annually
- Providessalary reports required for the annual audit of
financial statements andpreparation of IRS informational
- Collaborateswith Human Resources to complete payroll audits and
other government mandatedreporting requirements.
- Identifies and makes the case for payroll processimprovements
and best practices to drive excellence and eliminate errors.
- Work with Human Resources on the Worker'scompensation & 403b
annual audits by providing necessary reports.--
- Provides EDD reporting as need. Accounting Support
- Reviewand processes employee expense reimbursement requests,
including collectingsupporting information and manager's approvals,
to recording transactions inthe accounting system.
- Reviewsand processes corporate credit card expenses, collects
supporting documentationfrom employees, and ensures proper
approvals have been provided, processrecording in the accounting
- Researchand implement an automated system to process employees
travel expenses toprovide efficiency to the accounting
- Participateswith month closing procedures as requested by the
VP of Accounting.
- Otheraccounting duties as needed by the accounting department.
- Processesverifications of employment prior to 2021.
- Resolvesescalations by working with the payroll vendor in
obtaining and understandingroot cause analysis and corrective
action for all complex or non-routinesituations for all levels of
employees and management.
- Collaborates with Human Resources on various matters including
butnot limited to employee compensation, benefits and disability
payments, andresearching / understanding the proper taxation of
employer paid benefits.
- Creates special reports for cross functional teams as needed.
- Thinkscritically about policies, procedures, and practices and
proposes ways toincrease efficiency of the department.
- Understandsand stays current with compliance requirements
affecting payroll and benefits.
- Understandsand is alert to possibility of fraud, proposing ways
to prevent and detect itas needed.
- Collaborateswith VP Accounting & Controller on annual audit
preparation includingcreation and implementation of processes and
- Other duties and responsibilities as may berequired. ThePerson
Highly qualified candidates will share Accion Opportunity
Fund'scommitment to its mission and will embody the organization's
core valuesbringing a broad range of skills and experience
including, but not limited to:
- 5 + yearshands-on experience processing payroll and benefits
(experience with TriNet aplus)
- 2 + years'experience supporting or generating relevant annual /
compliance reportspertaining to payroll and benefits.
- Strong knowledgeof and ability to generate reports from
- Demonstratedattention to detail.
- Willingness andability to learn quickly.
- Ability to workwith and handle confidential information in a
- Enthusiasm for AccionOpportunity Fund's mission of advancing
the economic well-being of workingpeople. Preferred
- Familiarity withaccounting procedures and systems
- Highly advancedExcel skills
- Payroll Expert Certification
- Our mission is what motivates us to come to workeach day. We
know that happy employees are productive employees, which is whywe
offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Competitivesalary commensurate with experience.
- 100%company-funded Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability
coverage foremployees. 90% company-funded dependent coverage (Based
upon your planselection).
- Voluntarybenefits with payroll deduction for Supplemental Life
& AD&D insurance,Auto/Renters/Homeowners insurance, Pet
Insurance and Legal plans.
- Taxdeferred & Roth 403(B) Retirement Plan with employer match.
Employer matchincreases with tenure.
- Paidvacation days (increased with tenure), 12 paid holidays,
and 10 Sick days, andfamily leave days per year. Diversecandidates
are encouraged to apply, especially BIPOC. --Opportunity Fund is an
Equal OpportunityEmployer.-- https://aofund.org/
Apply for this job First name Last name Email address Location
Phone number Resume Attach resume Attach another file Attach file
What is your Linkedin Profile URL? What is the name of your current
employer? What is your personal website or portfolio URL? Do you
have any professional qualifications (PMP, MCSE)? What is the
highest level of education you've obtained? What is the highest
level of education you've obtained? We invite you to complete the
optional self-identification questions below used for compliance
with government regulations and record-keeping guidelines. Any
self-identification information provided will not be considered in
the selection process. GENDER Male Female Nonbinary I do not wish
to self-identify my gender ETHNICITY Hispanic/Latino White (Not
Hispanic or Latino) Black/African American (Not Hispanic or Latino)
Native Hawaiian/Other Pac Island (Not Hispanic or Latino) Asian
(Not Hispanic or Latino) American Indian/Alaska Native (Not
Hispanic or Latino) Two or More Races (Not Hispanic or Latino)
Decline to Specify If you believe you belong to any of the
categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by
selecting the appropriate category(ies). The hiring employer is a
Government contractor subject to the Vietnam Era Veterans'
Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended by the Jobs for
Veterans Act of 2002, 38 U.S.C. 4212 (VEVRAA) and requests this
information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach
and positive recruitment efforts it undertakes pursuant to VEVRAA.
Disabled Veteran Armed Forces Service Medal Veteran Veteran who
served on active duty during a war or in a campaign or expedition
for which a campaign badge has been authorized Recently Separated
Veteran Veteran, but not one of the four protected classes above I
decline to state my veteran status Not a Veteran Because the hiring
employer does business with the government, it must reach out to,
hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with
disabilities. Answering this question is voluntary, but we hope
that you will choose to complete it. If you are applying for a job,
any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used
against you in any way. Yes, I have a disability (or previously had
a disability) No, I don't have a disability I do not wish to answer
Keywords: Aircall, San Jose , PAYROLL MANAGER (WFH During COVID-19, Human Resources , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!