COOK, DINING COMMONS (FULL-TIME)
Company: Chartwells HE
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Chartwells HE ** $500 Retention Bonus Offered! **
- We are hiring immediately for full-time COOK, DINING COMMONS
- Location: San Jose State University - One Washington Square,
San Jose, CA 95192. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: FT Schedule. Details upon interview.
- Requirement: +6 months of cook experience.
- Perks: $500 Retention Bonus! $125 after 30 days, $125 after 60
days, and $250 after 90 days of employment!
- *Internal Employee Referral Bonus AvailableWe Make Applying
Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to
75000 and search requisition ID number 1115217. The advertised
program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs
with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data
rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and
conditions: At over 300 colleges and universities around the
country, Chartwells Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus
dining experience. We are challenging the norm and setting new
standards by investing in high-tech, food-infused social spaces
that bring people together to promote meaningful relationships and
interactions. We are food-forward difference makers, bound together
by a desire to feed hungry minds and prepare students for success.
We are seeking hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking
to join and grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to
start your career journey with us and look forward to hearing from
Summary: Prepares food in accordance with applicable federal, state
and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations with
established policies and procedures. Ensures quality food service
is provided at all times. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares high-quality food items according to standardized
recipes and instructions to meet production, delivery and service
- Serves meals or prepares for delivery by using correct
portioning, meeting outlined standards, ensuring that food is at
the correct temperature and is attractive and tasty. Tastes all
prepared food items.
- Uses established ticket collection procedures during service.
Responsible for records from area worked during service
- Cleans kitchen after preparation and serving, maintaining high
standards of cleanliness. Stores or discards excess food in
accordance with safe food-handling procedures.
- Keeps refrigerators and storerooms clean and neat. Ensures food
and supply items are stored per standards.
- Operates and maintains kitchen equipment as instructed.
- Assists in production planning, record keeping and reporting as
- Assists in the ordering and receiving of all food and supplies
- Reports needed maintenance, faulty equipment or accidents to
the supervisor immediately.
- Attends in-service and safety meetings.
- Maintains good working relationships with coworkers, customers,
administrators and managers.
- Performs job safely while maintaining a clean, safe work
- Performs other duties as assigned. The BenefitsWe are always
looking for ways to invest in our people both inside and outside of
work to help them achieve their full potential. Both full-time and
part-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Opportunities for Training and Development
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance,
Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services,
and Choice Auto and Home ProgramIn addition, full-time positions
also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)Our Commitment to Diversity
and InclusionCompass Group is an equal opportunity employer. -At
Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates
fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience
without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law. - -Qualified candidates must be
able to perform the essential functions of this position
satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of
all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements
associated with this position. While this is intended to be an
accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves
the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job
based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group
will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los
Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box
ordinance).Req ID:1115217Chartwells HE - -
Keywords: Chartwells HE, San Jose , COOK, DINING COMMONS (FULL-TIME), Hospitality & Tourism , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!