Associate Program Director, Julian Street Inn
Location: San Jose
Posted on: September 23, 2022
About Us: LifeMoves is one of the largest and most effective
providers of shelter and supportive services across Silicon Valley
and the San Francisco Peninsula. As a results-driven organization,
since 1987, our mission has been to provide interim housing and
supportive services that create opportunities for homeless families
and individuals to rapidly return to stable housing and long-term
self-sufficiency. Our successful therapeutic service model combines
clean, modern housing with intensive supportive services that
promote dignity and motivate our clients to achieve autonomy.
LifeMoves operates over 17major sites from San Jose to Daly City.
Culture: LifeMoves staff are dedicated to serving our community.
Diverse in background, outlook and life experience, our team
addresses important social issues with passion and creativity. A
culture of collaboration and innovation provides a thriving and
successful environment for all. We foster personal growth through
ongoing investment in the professional development of our staff.
Together, we are committed to breaking the cycle of homelessness
and helping our clients achieve long-term self-sufficiency.
Position Summary: LifeMoves - Julian Street Inn provides emergency
and transitional housing for adults working to overcome
homelessness and serious mental illness. Julian Street Inn houses
85 clients, 11 of whom are Veterans, every night. Under the
direction of the Program Director, the Associate Program Director
is responsible for the day to day operation and management of
Julian Street Inn. The Associate Program Director supervises the
Residential Service Coordinators (front-line shelter staff) and
shelter volunteers and is responsible for ensuring the delivery of
high quality services that help homeless people return to permanent
housing. Essential Functions:
- Administration & Management:
- Ensure the delivery of services in a professional, ethical and
effective manner, in partnership with the Program Director;
- Ensure maintenance of a clean, safe, and supportive environment
for clients and staff. Understand and implement all LifeMoves
policies and procedures.
- Manage day-to-day shelter operations for staff and clients,
including hiring, training, and scheduling staff, shelter
maintenance requests, supply ordering, client workshop
coordination, and managing bus pass distribution and the client
- In absence of Program Director, will act as liaison to Director
of Program and Services to manage day to day operations.
- Staff Supervision:
- Provide on-going guidance and supervision to staff regarding
- Assist in assessing staff development and arrange for
- In conjunction with the Program Director plan and ensure
facilitation of case management, shelter supervisor, and staff
- May carry caseload for case managers, as assigned.
- Community Relations:
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with area service
- Assist in training other social service agencies in our
eligibility criteria and referral process.
- Effectively interact with Board, volunteers, donors, and the
surrounding community as needed.
- Collaborate with community groups to provide optimal services
- Record Keeping:
- Supervise the collection, compilation, and submission of all
- Ensure that all staff submit monthly, quarterly, and annual
reports to the Program Director in a timely fashion.
Keywords: LIFEMOVES, San Jose , Associate Program Director, Julian Street Inn, Hospitality & Tourism , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!