Convenience Store Team Member - Cashier Saratoga
Location: San Jose
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job Location: Saratoga Ave Shell 1199 Saratoga AveExempt/ Non
Exempt: Non-ExemptReporting Structure: Convenience Store
ManagerPosition Summary:We are looking for all levels (entry level
included), hard -working, dedicated, customer focused individuals
who enjoy interacting with customers and helping make a difference
in the world. We offer both full-time and part-time careers on all
3 shifts (1st, 2nd, or 3rd) allowing employees to select the
opportunity that works with their life style. Our company gives
employees the opportunity to continuing growing their skills while
growing their career within the organization.Our Team Members/
Cashiers are responsible for the proper and efficient operation of
the station during their shift, within company policy. This
includes ensuring that the shift contributes to the increased
profitability and growth of the store and ensuring our customer's
needs are met every step of the way. We empower our employees/ team
members to step outside the box to ensure we offer the best in
class service to all of our customers each and every day.Below is a
general outline of some of the roles/ responsibilities our Team
Members/ Cashiers (this list is not all inclusive):Primary
- Managing the cash register throughout the shift ensuring the
money stays balanced and customer are assisted in a fast and
- Stocking products on shelves and making sure the store looks
clean and professional at all times.
- Ensure prompt, efficient and courteous customer service to
store customers, vendors, and staff.
- Maintain a clean, customer friendly environment in the store
and surrounding property.
- Troubleshoot and resolve car wash related issue as needed.
- Prepare a shift report at the end of the shift as per company
- Cross and upsell store products and sales to assist in
increasing store sales.
- Additional projects as assigned by store
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule as needed. Communicate
verbally and in writing with various management on store operations
in a very quick timeline especially any changes or items that may
adversely affect the store's operations.
- Read, understand, and write the English language.
- Perform basic match including proper calculation of change,
- Having the ability to validating Identification prior to
selling tobacco and/ or alcohol (as per required under
- Can lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to climb ladders as needed.
- Ability to remain calm and respond according to policies and
procedures in any form of emergencies.
- Tolerate exposure to gasoline fumes and cleaning products.
- Ability to work in various temperature environments (coolers,
outside in various weather conditions, and in the
station)Additional Info Age Requirement:
- 18+ years old to work 1st and 2nd shift.
- Minimum of 21 year old to work 3rd shift** The company reserves
the right to run background checks as a condition of
Keywords: Shell, San Jose , Convenience Store Team Member - Cashier Saratoga, Hospitality & Tourism , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!