Mental Health Therapist
Company: Gardner Family Health Care
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 15, 2019
GARDNER FAMILY CARE CORPORATION
Job Title: Mental Health Therapist
Organizational Unit: UNION
PURPOSE: Under general supervision of the Dual Diagnosis
Supervisor, the M.H.T.
provides assessments and related psycho-social services to
children, adolescents and their families.
This position will be part of a multi-disciplinary team, performs
the following job related duties:
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs psychiatric casework, counseling and treatment services
with patients or clients and their families.
2. Evaluates problems presented and in the making of treatment and
3. May coordinate, participate or conduct group therapy
4. Maintain a patient charts in accordance to State, County and
quality assurance guidelines.
5. Establishes working relationships with other staff, public and
private agencies emphasizing continuity of patient care.
6. May perform outreach, education and mental health promotion.
7. Interprets and explains social and emotional factors pertaining
to illness to clients' relatives and community groups.
8. Will participate in on-call duty on a rotating basis.
9. Handles other responsibilities as needed.
A. Graduate from an accredited College or University with a
Master's degree in behavioral science (e.g. psychology, counseling,
social work), plus registered with the CA Board of Behavioral
Science (BBS) as MFTI or ASW and have obtained an effective Waiver
of Licensure from the Santa Clara County Dept of Mental Health.
B. Knowledge of: Principles of psychiatric social work counseling
and other related techniques; community resources in designated
areas; required knowledge of DSM IV.
C. Ability to: Apply casework skill effectively, establish and
maintain effective working relationships; secure and record
accurate and pertinent social personal data.
D. Possession/or working on hours towards a valid clinical license
(e.g. Social Work Marriage or Family Child Counselor) issued by the
State of California. New hires must possess a State of California
clinical license within four (4) years of completing post graduate
E. Strong time management and organizational skills.
F. Effective problem solving skills.
A. Bilingual/bicultural skills (read, write and speak)
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to fingers,
handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and
arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear.
· Ability to sit at a desk or computer terminal for 5-7 hours
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
· Specific vision abilities required by the job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
· Works inside & outside including motor vehicle travel between
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Work is performed in an office environment. Involves frequent
contact with staff and the public. Occasional stress from dealing
with diverse patients and demands. Contact may involve dealing with
angry or upset people. Normal office environment. Occasional
evening or weekend work. On-site workplace environment including
indoor and outdoor responsibilities. Exposure to cleaning fluids
and toxic materials.
It is the policy of Gardner Family Care Corporation to provide
equal employment opportunity to all people without regard to race,
color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, disability,
medical condition, gender, age, sexual orientation or marital
Keywords: Gardner Family Health Care, San Jose , Mental Health Therapist, Healthcare , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!