Clinical Sales Specialist
Company: Becton Dickinson and Company
Location: San Jose
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Job Description Summary
The Clinical Cytometry Sales Specialist is responsible for selling and account management activities for all products within the BioSciences Clinical Product Portfolio in hospitals and reference labs within the assigned territory.
Develops and implements a territory and strategic account sales plan involving multiple stakeholders and buyers in the growth of the assigned products. Leads the development of an account plan specific to each hospitals economic business drivers.
Effectively deploys clinically relevant product features / benefits and economic justification using existing selling tools as well as creating new tools specific to each customer situation to define the value of our product offerings. Coordinates all decision makers to arrive at a contractual purchase agreement for these products.
Responsible for maintaining and growing the base revenue stream and ensuring customer satisfaction through consistent and ongoing customer contact.
Works effectively with BD customer-facing associates ( Service Engineers, and Technical Applications Specialists) to support the customer in growth and long-term retention activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attain or exceed the overall sales plan and provide customer support for the BioSciences Clinical product portfolio.
- Recognized as the product expert for driving the growth of our Canto, LWA, SPA and Calibur products.
- Manage the sales process consisting of the clinical laboratory ( Flow Lab, Lab Management, Laboratory Committee, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, IT, Senior Levels of Hospital Administration) in the assigned territory.
- Develop, document, and drive the customer buying process through full utilization of a territory and strategic account sales plan involving multiple stakeholders and buyers in the growth of the assigned products.
- Call on prospective customers, create demand, communicate medical, clinical and patient outcome benefits, deliver product information and demonstrations, prepare proposals and quotes within company guidelines.
- Effectively demonstrate the value proposition associated with the product portfolio by persuading multiple decision makers and influencers to orchestrate a successful product conversion within the institution.
- Develop and close accounts within the assigned geographic territory using a coordinated team selling model ( Service Engineers, Technical Applications Specialists, Sales Management and Marketing).
- Communicate and coordinate customer needs (inventory / supply chain updates, contract changes, competitive intelligence) to ensure account needs are met and or opportunities fully exploited.
- Forecast activity and closes as required by management.
- Provide continuous support including post sales activities. Effectively communicate with the Service organization to coordinate a successful installation transitioning to the long term customer satisfaction of the product.
- Manage administrative duties as assigned: monitoring expenses, timely administrative and call reporting, funnel and competitive data entries, new contracts and renewals, use and maintenance of Company assets and adhering to OHSA and Universal Lab precautions.
- Live the BD Values, including but not limited to, the BD Code of Conduct and AdvaMed rules. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of selling process and the components to build maintain customer loyalty
- Preparation, presentation and closing skills to include direct sales and/or team selling approach.
- Strong organizational skills. Territory management, account assessment, and relationship development. Analytical with financial orientation applicable to contract proposals and profitability, budget, and expense management.
- Ability to develop markets for new technology and new medical practices.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal interaction required.
- Computer savvy working knowledge of MS Office applications, Blackberry and/or other connectivity devices. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA / BS in Life Sciences, biological areas, business or related discipline. Degree in Medical Technology (MT ASCP) or Biology preferred.
- Minimum 3 years documented sales success (top 20%) in broad range laboratory products with a minimum - year clinical laboratory and/or multi-level selling experience preferred.
- A combination of clinical market sales, financial or technical selling experience required.
- Capital equipment experience preferred.
- Experience attaining or exceeding overall sales plan profitability, as well as, other assigned goals and objectives COMPETENCIES:
- Achieving Business Results (Drive for Results): Results consistently meets and exceeds sales/business targets. Applies principles of account qualification, targeting, territory coverage (frequency X reach) and resource management to optimize productivity. Identifies opportunities to improve results both in terms of sales/share and profitability; growth oriented. Excels at lead generation; strives for continuous improvement (effectiveness + efficiencies). Maintains compliance to the highest ethical standards.
- Sales Knowledge and Selling Skills:Excels in consultative selling, service and communication skills [including but not limited to presentation skills] across multiple levels of customers/across organizations. Outstanding ability to influence, persuade and close the sale/gain customer commitment. Demonstrates excellent listening and questioning skills. Key messages are believed and acted upon by customers. Drives the customer decision-making process. Is highly responsive; follows through. Strong Medical/Scientific/ Technical Product knowledge.
- Sales and Cross-Functional Teamwork (Interpersonal Savvy): Is continuously focused and aligned to a common purpose. Strives to achieve organizational synergy whenever possible. Is positive and proactive works collaboratively with others to achieve targets and provides services. Excellent internal communication skills across and throughout the organization. Respects authority; follows established lines and methods of internal communication.
- Contract Management, Budgeting, and Administration: Develops and manages budgets by customer and account; knows how to calculate and drive return on sales investment in the account and territory. Effectively monitors and manages all stages and elements of the contract cycle. Involves others from the company as needed to help secure, support and execute the contract. Maintains and protects company property/assets.
- Customer Focus and Relationship Management: Develops and maintains strong and close relationships in multi-customer environments. Builds individual and collective customer loyalty champions /advocates. Is intimate in the knowledge of the customer and how best to service its needs. Builds strong customer networks and leverages within and across customer organizations. Creates and closely manages opportunities for multiple interfaces with customers. Fast and flexible in responding to customer needs.
- Competitiveness and Sales Leadership (Perseverance): Will to win; strong knowledge of competition; uses competitive knowledge to formulate and differentiate selling strategy and tactics. Highly motivated; takes the initiative; self-confident. Strives to be the best representative across industry within the territory, within the customer organization and within the company. Leads through natural authority; takes accountability; not shy to handle tough situations or decisions.
- Sales Strategy and Tactics (Planning / Organizing): Stays focused on core selling strategies and impeccable alignment and implementation of tactics to deliver results and move the customer forward in the buying process. Demonstrates selling innovativeness; ones selection and execution of tactics are key points of differentiation, important to customers and not easily imitated by competition within the territory and/or account. Secures, monitors and manages standardization, product utilization and/or evaluation and placement.
- Selling in Complex Multi Dimensional Organizations: Recognizes challenges of and is versatile selling in complex/multi-dimensional organizations. Balances short term with longer term opportunities and solutions. Recognizes and adapts quickly to changes in decision-making hierarchy. Has high level of access to and is effective in working with multiple top decision-makers and influencers in the account. Does not get trapped into working with only one or two persons within the organization. Uses good judgment and demonstrates excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Business Acumen/Key Account Planning & Negotiation: Strong business acumen and strategic negotiation skills. Excels in key account analytics, strategy and planning to identify and manage key/national account and new business potential. Strong numeracy, financial agility and accuracy. Stays focused on business success/growth drivers, top customer/key account needs and leverages competitive advantage in group and individual negotiations. Primary Work Location USA CA - San Jose
Keywords: Becton Dickinson and Company, San Jose , Clinical Sales Specialist, Healthcare , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!