Company: Sigma Inc
Location: San Jose
Posted on: March 19, 2023
244064 - Occupational Therapist - San Jose, CA - 13 Weeks
Sigma Healthcare team is looking for an Occupational Therapy to
work onsite in with our team.
Shift Information: 6 - 8 hours shift
- Provide Occupational Therapy and related services for patients
while maintaining positive levels of interaction with facilities
and clients in accordance with the principles and practices of
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Optimize the functionality and skills of patients by providing,
directing, and/or overseeing occupational therapy in the screening
of residents, as appropriate.
- evaluate and treat patients who may benefit from therapy; as
referred by state approved referral source.
- comply with state and federal guidelines regarding accurate and
timely billing and documentation in the medical record.
- establish and maintain effective interactions with patients,
interdisciplinary team, and other clientele which reflects
- Refer patients for treatment to Certified Occupational Therapy
Assistants (COTA) throughout the cluster.
- Provide consultation and clinical supervision to COTA's
throughout the cluster.
- Maintain availability to answer questions from COTA's.
- Directly supervise COTA's and Rehab Techs in skilled tasks
during group and individual treatment in a manner that promotes
efficient and effective utilization of resources and facilitates
the ongoing development of clinical skills in accordance with State
Practice Acts, Omnibus Reconciliation Act (OBRA), and Reliant
- Build a strong occupational therapy program by participating in
the following activities
- Actively integrating occupational therapy's role into
contributing to facility patient care, utilization review, case
management, administrative staff/department head, and family
conference activities and communications.
- Establishing and maintaining a good working relationship with
other health care professionals and colleagues in the
- Making appropriate referrals to other members of the
- Developing and implementing new programs/techniques to enhance
- Adhering to Reliant Rehabilitation and client specific policies
and procedures related to environmental safety, orderliness, risk
management, infection control, and emergency preparedness.
- Adhering to the requirements of the patient's rights and
- Enhance clinical expertise, professional and management skills
through interaction with managers, therapists and other
professional staff, self-study, and other continuing education
- Maintain valid state license (where appropriate). Maintain
awareness of issues related to the profession of occupational
therapy and the health care environment.
- Graduate of an ACOTE accredited school of occupational
- At least 2 years SNF experience (preferably).
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel,
Power Point, etc.)
- Basic Internet navigation skills
Certificates And Licenses:
- Valid certification from the National Board for Certification
of Occupational Therapy (NBCOT)
- Valid Occupational Therapist state license (where
Keywords: Sigma Inc, San Jose , Occupational Therapist, Healthcare , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...