RN Clinical Educator
Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: San Jose
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Description Salary Estimate: $150342.40 - $225472.00 / year
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range of
candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual
salary may include your specific skills, how many years of
experience you have and comparison to other employees already in
this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the
range.IntroductionAre you looking for a place to deliver excellent
care patients deserve? At Good Samaritan Hospital we support our
colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) RN Clinical
Educator and access programs to assist with every stage of your
career.BenefitsGood Samaritan Hospital offers a total rewards
package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of
our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses
throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of
nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a
majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research
College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational
facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and
more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today
for our RN Clinical Educator opening and continue to learn!Job
Summary and QualificationsThe Clinical Professional Development
Educator enhances professional practice and the provision of
quality patient care by providing evidence-based quality
educational programs and activities that promote professional
competency for nursing, inter-professional, and non-licensed
clinical staff at the assigned facility. In this role you will:
- Participates in the development, coordination, managing,
facilitating, conducting, and evaluating of onboarding and
orientation programs for nursing and other healthcare
- Provides orientation/onboarding programs to promote employee
- Collaborates with the Director of Clinical Professional
Development to adjust the program based on evaluation results.
- Participates in the development, coordination, and management
of facilitating, conducting, and evaluating competency.
- Designs and identifies educational activities to address
practice gaps for identified target audiences, including licensed
and non-licensed healthcare personnel, in alignment with HCA and
division clinical education request and development processes.
- Develops activities to achieve specific outcomes related to
identified deficits or opportunities for improvement in knowledge,
skill and practice. Plans educational content delivery that
encourages learner engagement.
- Promotes and integrates the EBP in order to continuously
improve practice. Conducts, encourages, facilitates, and/or
participates in research, EBP, and QI in patient care
- Identifies and develops strategies to facilitate a continuous
process of maturation through lifelong learning.
- Utilizes novice-to-expert continuum when developing staff.
Identifies and provides opportunities for skill enhancement and
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Healthcare Admin or other
clinical field Required
- Master's Degree in Nursing, Healthcare Admin or other clinical
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in an acute care setting
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in clinical education
- Currently licensed as an RN in the state of practice or has an
active compact state license in accordance with law and
- Basic Life Saving (BLS) This role requires you to be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law
or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved).HealthTrust Supply Chain is a critical part of HCA
Healthcare's strategy. Our focus is to improve performance and
reduce costs. We do this by joining non-clinical and administrative
functions. HealthTrust Supply Chain best practice methodologies. We
develop, apply and monitor cost-efficient initiatives and programs
for HCA Healthcare. By improving facility efficiency, medical
professionals can focus on our mission - patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If growth and continued learning is
important to you, we encourage you to apply for our RN Clinical
Educator opening. Our team will promptly review your application.
Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Unlock the possibilities apply today!We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, San Jose , RN Clinical Educator, Healthcare , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!