RN - PRN
Company: Acadia Healthcare
Location: San Jose
Posted on: January 25, 2023
DescriptionOur supportive work environment is focused on sharing
knowledge and expertise to help you get acclimated to your new
role. Along with detailed training and continual support, our
company will give you the autonomy you need to achieve your career
goals. You already are passionate and caring about the patients. We
will provide the same passion and attitude towards you.We are
looking to hire a RN. The RN Responsible for providing professional
nursing care to patients with a positive, empathetic, and
professional attitude to foster a supportive and therapeutic
environment. Recognize that patient and employee safety are top
priorities.To learn more please visit:
https://www.sanjosebh.com/THIS POSITION IS A PRN POSITION WITH
SHIFTS AVAILABLE DAY/EVENING/NOC - MOSTLY WEEKENDSSan Jose
Behavioral Health provides a comprehensive package of benefits for
our RNs. Current benefits include:
- Competitive salary with weekend and shift differentials
- Professional growth opportunity that is second to none in the
industry. Join a team with defined career paths and a national
family of hospitals and facilitiesESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide and coordinate care by assessing physical and
behavioral health needs of patient, develop and implement nursing
care plans, maintain medical records and educate patients and their
families about various physical and behavioral health
- Provide nursing care and services within the standards and
scope of nursing practice as defined within the state Nurse
Practice Act regulations, policies, procedures and protocols, as
well as facility and corporate policies and procedures.
- Ensure physicians orders are legible if taken verbally and
transcribed appropriately per policy and procedure.
- Ensure patients status is assessed on an ongoing basis and
pertinent information gathered is documented.
- Collaborate with others to ensure that all patients physical,
biopsychosocial, age, developmental and cultural needs are met and
when they are not met, acknowledges and works to resolve customer
- Notify physician of significant changes in status such as
difficulties with detox, medical emergency or change in medical
status regarding response to medications, etc.
- Ensure nursing treatment plans are specific to assessed needs
and initial treatment plan is completed upon admission.
- Demonstrate knowledge and utilization of universal precautions
in providing direct patient care.
- Accurately administer medications per ordered note and document
accurate count of controlled substance medication administration on
- Responsible for completing admission and discharge processed
efficiently and accurately as directed.
- Exhibit therapeutic rapport with patients by maintaining
professional boundaries, being respectful to personal space, giving
patient direct attention and maintaining rational detachment.
- Provide direction or coordinate the activities of the unit as
- Communicate therapeutically and professionally with patients,
visitors, coworkers and others involved in patient treatment in an
effective manner.EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing required.
- One or more years nursing experience within clinical area of
service provided by facility
- Current RN license as required by state.
- CPR and de-escalation and restraint certification required
(training available upon hire and offered by facility).
- First aid may be required based on state or facility
requirements.COMPENSATIONCompensation for roles at San Jose
Behavioral Health varies depending on a wide array of factors
including but not limited to the specific location, role, skill
set, and level of experience.As required by local law, San Jose
Behavioral Health provides a reasonable hourly range of
compensation for roles that may be hired in California as set forth
below.SJBH Range = $40.00/hour - $64.00/hour - DOEEqual Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Acadia Healthcare, San Jose , RN - PRN, Healthcare , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!