Occupational Therapist Assistant - San Jose
Company: San Jose Healthcare & Wellness Center
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 24, 2022
San Jose Healthcare & Wellness Center - -
POSITION DESCRIPTION: To provide direct patient care and support
activities which build and maintain the outstanding outcomes of the
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Provides patient care under the direction of a registered
occupational therapist. Completes documentation according to
established procedures. Is involved in support duties as assigned.
Contributes to professional development of self and others.
Enhances interdisciplinary team through professional skills and
knowledge. Demonstrates safe working practices.
Provides patient treatment, which meets patient needs in accordance
with the plan of care, and uses current treatment knowledge in
accordance with facility clinical procedures. This includes but is
not limited to:
Providing comprehensive, appropriate patient treatment in
accordance with patient's individual treatment plan as stipulated
by supervising OTR.
Providing clear instruction to patients and families.
Communicating with supervisor and other health team members
regarding patient progress, problems, and plans.
Instructing patients' families or nursing staff in specified follow
Demonstrating knowledge of appropriate resources for
problem-solving and clinical best practice.
Writes accurate, complete, and clear documentation in accordance
with regulatory, licensing, payor, and accrediting requirements.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Recording treatment charges accurately and ensuring that
documentation is consistent with billing data.
- Writing clear and effective progress notes.
Assists with maintenance of patient charges and administrative
support. This includes but is not limited to:
- Completing charges accurately on Productivity and Activities
- Assisting therapists with scheduling patient services.
Consistently demonstrates facility's interdisciplinary approach to
patient care. This includes but is not limited to:
- Actively participating in patient care conferences.
- Collaborating with and informing facility staff in areas of
- Educating members of the team in areas of expertise.
- Working with facility to teach documentation practices, which
assist the therapy team.
- Communicating effectively with discharge planners.
- Integrating input from patient and family into treatment
Contributes to professional development of self and others. This
includes but is not limited to:
- Utilizing continuing education assistance to achieve targeted
- Interacting with peers at local acute hospitals and other
environments, if appropriate.
- Presenting at weekly rehab team conferences and facility
- Maintaining a current body of knowledge in areas of clinical
expertise through seminars, professional journals, and
- Meeting continuing education requirements of regulatory
Aids in building and maintaining a positive facility culture as a
professional member of the staff. This includes but is not limited
- Consistently demonstrating positive core values in interactions
with co-workers, patients and families, with all other persons
involved with the patient's care, and the general public.
- Consistently demonstrating professional standards.
- Contributing to a positive work team by sharing information,
using problem solving methods and accepting new ideas, constructive
criticism, or advice from others.
- Demonstrating superior customer service through courtesy,
consistent follow-up and positive communication.
Demonstrates safe working practices. This includes but is not
- Identifying and correcting safety hazards or notifying the
facility or the Director of Rehabilitation so that safety hazards
will be immediately remedied.
- Maintaining work areas in safe and orderly fashion.
- Maintaining equipment in safe working order.
- Using proper body mechanics during treatments of patients and
during support activities.
- Using universal safety precautions.
- Wearing appropriate safety equipment.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Occupational Therapy treatment
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to work with all types and levels of patients.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
Graduate of an AOTA approved Occupational Therapist Assistant
program. Associate Degree in Occupational Therapy from an
accredited OTA program.
- Experience in geriatric rehabilitation preferred
- Experience in adult neurological, cardiac, and or general
rehabilitation is preferred.
For Direct Patient Care:
- Must be able to lift and transfer patients to and from all
surfaces a minimum of 10 times per day.
- Must be able to lift approximately 50-70 pounds a minimum of 10
times per day.
- Must be able to perform CPR, if required.
- Must be proficient with the use of hands for repetitive
grasping and fine motor manipulations.
- Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant will spend
approximately 60-80% of time bending, stooping, kneeling, and
reaching while working with Occupational Therapy patients.
- Certified Occupational Therapist will spend approximately
60-80% of time walking/standing.
For Support Activities:
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant may spend approximately
10-20% of the time sitting at desk or terminal entering data.
- Current Certification Process/State Licensure as
- Current CPR certification.
Keywords: San Jose Healthcare & Wellness Center, San Jose , Occupational Therapist Assistant - San Jose, Healthcare , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!