Chemistry Lab Coordinator
Company: BioFire Diagnostics
Location: San Jose
Posted on: September 22, 2022
The world is facing a medical crisis, bacteria are increasingly
evolving resistance to even our strongest antibiotics. The problem
is already very real and immediate; for example, bloodstream
infection leading to sepsis is now responsible for more than half
of all deaths in hospitals and is the most expensive condition
treated in hospitals. Sepsis mortality rate increases > 6% every
hour without effective antibiotic treatment. Yet, despite the life
and death urgency, and healthcare cost impacts, current
methodologies require 3 days to determine the correct
antibiotic.Specific Diagnostics, a bioMerieux company, has
developed a breakthrough solution to rapidly determine the
effective antibiotic treatment for bloodstream and other acute
infections. Used for bloodstream infection Specific's solution
provides results 2 days sooner (1 day vs 3 days).We have been
funded by nearly $30 M in non-dilutive government-sponsored
research support and recently $17.5 M in venture capital. This is
an opportunity to join us at an inflection point in our commercial
growth as we bring our first key product to market and with
recognition from major customers fueling an expansion of our
staff.The JobSpecific Diagnostics is seeking a Chemistry Lab
Coordinator. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with
scientific background and laboratory management experience to join
us as a Laboratory coordinator in the Chemistry
- Oversee and maintain laboratory policies and ensure the staff
members comply with organization and Environmental Health and
safety requirements including chemical storage and waste management
policies through routine inspections.
- Organize and maintain the lab areas. Complete maintenance
requirements by cleaning scheduling and assigning team; following
up on work order and purchasing.
- Ensure existing equipment is maintained properly and
functioning optimally, including submitting work orders and
coordinating preventative maintenance and calibration
- Organize the chemicals in the lab and maintain the inventory.
Make sure supplies in the lab are stocked.
- Assist with other research operational duties as needed.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives to increase
operational efficiency of the laboratory.
- Closely working with staff to maintain laboratory supplies
inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level.
- Organize and oversee the material inventory at the freezer and
closely work with staff to maintain and update the inventory.
- Interface with staff to request maintenance service to resolves
daily laboratory and service issues. Acts as a point of contact
between Quality Assurance and laboratory staff.
- Working independently and as a member of a cross-functional
team to support chemistry and microbiology research and
- Bachelors degree in Chemistry, Biology, or other Life sciences
with 4+ years hands-on experience in a laboratory.
- Experience includes 2 years of relevant experience working with
equipment and researchers
- Experienced with the standard tools and methods of chemistry
and microbiology, such as pipetting, buffer preparation, media
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written
communication skills are essential
- Strong understanding (advanced skills) of Word, Excel,
- Ability to effectively learn new software
- Willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership in areas of
- Comfortable in a fast-paced company environment with
potentially minimal direction and able to adjust workload based
upon changing priorities
- Authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis,
full fluency (verbal and written) of the English language is a
Keywords: BioFire Diagnostics, San Jose , Chemistry Lab Coordinator, Healthcare , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!