Psychologist Adult Psychiatry San Jose CA
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Location: San Jose
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Provides mental health assessment, diagnosis, treatment and
crisis intervention services for adult and/or child members who
present themselves from psychiatric evaluation with a broad range
of mental health needs. Collaborates with treating physician,
psychiatric and allied health professional team to plan and direct
each individual member's treatment program.
Develops, implements, coordinates, and evaluates clinical treatment
programs for the diagnosis, treatment, and/or referral of Health
Plan members with acute or chronic mental illness. Participates in
staff conferences to select, plan, and evaluate treatment programs.
Provides outpatient psychotherapy to individuals, couples, families
and groups. Instructs and counsels patients and their families
regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens and
adherence to prescribed medication regimens, within the scope of
practice. May administer specialized therapeutic procedures, as
appropriate. Provides appropriate support to member's family. May
develop and conducts psychoeducational classes and groups.
May conduct psychological assessments, including test
administration, interpretation, and recommendations. Prepares
intake summaries, treatment plans, and case summaries and maintains
ongoing confidential records. Charts member's treatment and
progress in accord with state and NCQA regulations and in keeping
with accepted community standards. May be required to participate
in the department on-call rotation.
Collaborates with physicians in screening and evaluating patients
for psychotropic medications, within the scope of practice.
Utilizes resources of public and private agencies and community
organizations to meet the needs of the member's treatment. May
develop, implements, and evaluates behavioral medicine and health
psychology programs in a variety of settings, including primary
care. Provides consultation to other care providers and health
educators on matters relating to mental health, health psychology
and behavioral medicine. Provides clinical supervision to
psychology doctoral interns, psychology postdoctoral residents, and
other mental health trainees/fellows as necessary.
May supervise Post Master's Fellows, Associate Clinical Social
Workers, Associate Marriage Family Therapists or Associate
Professional Clinical Counselors as needed if supervision course is
May provide appropriate support to member's family, including
explanation of treatment, instructions in how to support treatment
and interventions to increase acceptance of and adherence to
treatment, at member's request.
- Utilizes resources of public and private agencies and community
organizations to meet the needs of the member's treatment to
include referral of the member and/or member's family to external
resources, as appropriate. Participates in departmental program
development, implementation and evaluation.
- Reports safety concerns to mandated reporting agencies
- PhD/PsyD/EdD in Clinical Counseling, Health or School
Psychology from an accredited college or university.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current valid license to practice psychology in the State of
California or valid license to practice in a state in the United
States and able to practice under Business and Professional Code
Section 2946 (maximum of 180 days subject to the specifics of the
- Must have a National Provider Identifier (NPI) or obtain NPI,
prior to employment start date.
- Must be familiar with DSM-V as a means of diagnosis.
- Has experience in assessing, diagnosing and treating a broad
range of psychiatric conditions.
- May be required to participate in the department on-call
- Knowledge of Evidence-Based Practice and psychotherapy research
- Knowledge of the bio-psycho-social functions that contribute to
- Accuracy in diagnosing patients and developing effective
- Competence in individual, family and group
- Professional maturity and ethical integrity necessary for
assuming professional responsibilities.
- Commitment to quality of service, teamwork, and participation
in a highly interactive multidisciplinary clinic.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks/objectives in a timely
- Knowledge of social service agencies, state regulations and APA
standards as it related to client treatment, patient rights and
- Previous clinical responsibilities to include psychological
testing, diagnosis, crisis intervention, brief individual and group
- Knowledge of psychological testing techniques, administration
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership.
- Previous clinical responsibility to include crisis
intervention, individual and group psychotherapy.
- Demonstrated experience in psychological evaluations of adults,
children, adolescents, & families, including administering &
writing up psychological testing & assessment batteries
- Demonstrated professional maturity and ethical integrity
necessary for assuming professional responsibilities,
- Demonstrated commitment to quality of service, teamwork, and
participation in a highly interactive multidisciplinary clinic,
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks/objectives in a
timely manner, preferred
- Accuracy in diagnosing patients and developing effective
treatment plans, preferred.
- Competence in individual, family and group psychotherapy,
PrimaryLocation : California,San Jose,San Jose Skyport Medical
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Scheduled days and hours are
dependent on departmental needs and may include holidays and
WorkingHoursStart : 08:30 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 05:00 PM
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : A05-IBHS-NUHW-NUHW Integ
Behavioral Hlth Ser
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual
Department : San Jose Skyport Med Offices - Mental
Health/Psych-NonMD Prov - 0206
Travel : No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, San Jose , Psychologist Adult Psychiatry San Jose CA, Healthcare , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!