ABA Clinical Coordinator
Company: EMERGING MILESTONES, INC.
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 26, 2022
ABA Clinical Coordinator (Bilingual/Spanish) -at Emerging
About Us:Emerging Milestones is a healthcare provider that is
making a difference in children's lives diagnosed or suspected to
be on the Autism Spectrum. Our Clinical team specializes in
providing ABA Therapy and Diagnostic Evaluations/Assessments. The
team consists of Clinical Psychologists, Board Certified Behavioral
Analysts, and Behavioral Technicians. -As the ABA Clinical
Coordinator, You would be an important member that would support
the ongoing success of the clinical teams. You would be helping
change families' lives while learning new healthcare administration
skills and much more. If you're a Bilingual (English/Spanish)
professional with strong administrative and/or clerical experience
in San Jose, California that's looking for meaningful work- come
join us at Emerging Milestones! - -The ABA Clinical Coordinator
fulfills a variety of essential roles to ensure the smooth delivery
of services and supports our new and existing clients. This
position reports directly to the CEO of Emerging Milestones. In
this position, you should be willing/open to taking on several
responsibilities including but not limited to customer service,
business operations, healthcare coordination, and human
resource-related tasks. The components of this position are listed
below but are subject to change at the discretion of Emerging
Milestones. This job description describes the essential job
functions but does not provide an all-encompassing list of duties
that may be assigned. -Majority of Responsibilities Include:
-Office Administrative Tasks:
- Answer office phone calls promptly using professional phone
- Prompt response to all emails, messages, and phone
callsClinical Coordination Tasks:
- Communicate with patients and caregivers regularly for all
patient care coordination.
- Maintain all incoming Private Health information.
- Document new client referrals and verify benefits and
eligibility for clients
- Maintain and update a database containing patient information
for incoming and pending cases
- Call parents and schedule appointments for appointments
(English and Spanish speaking clients) - language lines are
available if needed
- Send intake documents to clients before the appointment and
follow-up for completion
- Procure interpreters needed for clients, by contacting
appropriate clinical interpreting companies
- Notify clinical psychologist about schedule changes
- Send final clinical report to parents and Insurance using an
encrypted messaging system
- Billing insurances using specialized codes per network
- If Bilingual, translate in Spanish only as neededABA
- Modify/Adjust Behavior staff/client schedules when there are
cancelations or other changes.
- Respond to scheduling updates/changes promptly
- Maintain employee schedules on our ABA data tracking and
scheduling system (Central Reach, WebABA- Code Metro), so therapy
sessions are always up to date
- Optimize staff and client schedules by tracking utilization of
- Consider employee and staff satisfaction when
- Match appropriate therapists with families using various
factors including client location, availability, language,
authorized hours, preferences, etc
- Weekly reports regarding cancellations, utilization, etc
- Daily tracking of incomplete sessions
- Track and improve utilization of approved client hours
- Add and track client authorizations
- Find coverage for Behavior Therapist (BT) and manage
rescheduled appointmentsHuman Resources Tasks:
- Collect and maintain employee records (email, phone number,
- Answer employee's payroll/scheduling questions per company
- Plan and organize monthly Team Meetings with supervisors and
therapists for -training, and other focus points
- Bi-Monthly Payroll submission for hourly employees
(appointment, drive time/mileage) into the payroll system
- Communicate with employees to ensure timely submission of
timesheets and correct drive time
- Recruiting candidates for new openings, using internal and
external board jobs - -
- Connect with priority candidates and schedule phone
- Educate and train new hires on company policies, software, and
- Maintain client and staff privacy according to HIPPA and
- Prioritize tasks for overall effectiveness and efficiency
- Design and implement systems for overall efficiency
- Follow, create, or improve upon current company policies and
- Maintain meticulous data records
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work environment
- Attain and achieve position competencies in relation to
responsibilities -Required Knowledge/Skills/ Abilities:
- Experience working as a scheduler/office administrator in the
home health care industry.
- Proficient knowledge of Practice Management Software -
preferred (NPA Works, Code Metro, Central Reach, WebABA, or
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and G-suite
Applications (e.g. word, excel, google sheets, etc.)
- Ability to type accurately at a speed of around 40 WPM.
- Direct or Indirect Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA)
experience. - preferred
- Critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Effective time management skills and ability to
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- Ability to prioritize and respond to important tasks
- Knowledge of home-health regulations and operational
guidelines. - preferred
- Committed to ongoing training, knowledge, and
- Bilingual (Spanish) Preferred -Benefits
- Very Competitive Wages/Salary (depending on experience)
- Performance-Based Bonuses
- Health + Dental Insurance
- Retirement Benefits - Simple IRA with 3% company match!
- Offer a range of growth and professional development
opportunities, with ongoing supervision and training. -Physical
- Physical Competence/Health Screening required.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time, up to 6-8
hours a day.
- Frequent bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, twisting.
- Frequent sitting and maintaining close visual attention to
write reports and work at the computer.
- Visual and auditory ability to work with clients, staff, and
others in the workplace continuously.
- Occasional lifting, carrying, and loading/unloading materials
up to and including 25 lbs to 50 lbs.
- Possible exposure to disability disorders in clients;
occasional emergency situations. -Emerging Milestones provides
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
---Job Type: Full-time, on-site in San Jose, CA -
Keywords: EMERGING MILESTONES, INC., San Jose , ABA Clinical Coordinator, Healthcare , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!