RN - PICU
Company: United Health Systems
Location: San Jose
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionPICU - RNLocation: San Jose, CADuration: 3
- In a pediatric intensive care nurse job, the PICU RN provides
care for children and adolescents, usually up to the age of 18,
with life-threatening or high-acuity conditions that require
constant monitoring. Working in the pediatric intensive care unit
(PICU), a high-tech children's services area for critically ill,
medically complex, and/or post-surgical patients, pediatric
intensive care nursing jobs also involve collaboration with
families, physicians and other healthcare professionals or
clinicians to determine the best course of patient care and
- Pediatric ICU nurses coordinate age-appropriate care with other
- PICU nurses must record patient information concisely and
accurately because of every symptom matters. Pediatric intensive
care nurses also answer questions and provide education for
caregivers about managing their child's health condition.
- Prepares and administers and records prescribed medications.
Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments.
- As a Primary Nurse, the incumbent will coordinate patient care
in collaboration with physicians, PICU CNS, Respiratory Therapists,
Child Life, Social Work, Nutrition, and Discharge Case
- 1-2 years of recent experience in a relevant department
- BLS Required, PALS Preferred
Keywords: United Health Systems, San Jose , RN - PICU, Healthcare , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!