CRNA Nurse Anesthetist PT 32H - San Jose
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Location: San Jose
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Selects and administers intravenous, spinal and other
anesthetics prior to and during surgical or medical procedures, as
a member of the anesthesia care team and in accordance with Kaiser
Permanente policies and procedures. Monitors patient reactions and
vital signs during and after anesthesia and takes remedial action
when warranted. Submits postoperative report on patient condition,
and maintains records of anesthetics administered. Performs
procedures outside of the OR, in accordance with KP policies and
procedures, established competency, and MD order.
- Conducts and/or reviews anesthetic evaluation of patients prior
to surgical proceedings, deliveries or other pertinent medical
procedures in hospital setting; consults with anesthesiologists
- Reviews patients charts, including permits, pre-operative
medications, lab work, and any other significant variations, such
as hearing aids, dentures, contact lenses, or other prostheses, in
accordance with KPs policies and procedures and the departmental
- Evaluates patients to identify apparent difficulties with
airway control, etc. Ensures that all pre-anesthesia evaluations
are documented thoroughly according to policies and
- Explains tests, procedures and disease processes to patients
and their family as indicated; explains the major anesthetic risks
to patients as requested and documents that the risks are explained
- Develops the care regimen of assigned patients; reviews the
care regimen with the supervising physician and gains concurrence;
implements the anesthesia plan; starts IV solution, administers
selected anesthetic, choice of anesthetic consistent with patient
safety, surgical need, possible post operative complications, and
patients history and conditions. and evaluates and manages the
patient, according to departmental policy.
- Participates with post anesthesia care unit personnel in a
patient safety oriented interface when patients are transferred
from the surgery suite.
- Monitors patients vital signs, such as blood pressure and
observes any significant physical changes; informs anesthesiologist
and/or surgeon of patients condition and takes any necessary
remedial action such as infant resuscitation when
- Mixes solutions to required concentrations, such as pentothal,
succinylcholine, vaso-active drugs etc.
- Keeps current accurate and complete record of procedures
performed and patients conditions immediately prior to the
administration of anesthesia according to established
- Performs procedures done outside of OR, such as intubation,
arterial line placement, etc., in accordance with policies and
procedures, competencies, and physician order. Charts details of
procedures done on progress notes.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on
a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right
to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such
positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are
generally implemented only after notice is given to affected
- Graduate of an accredited registered nursing program.
- Graduate of an accredited school of anesthesia by date of
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
License, Certification, Registration
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (California) required at
- Registered Nurse License (California) required at hire from
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support required at hire
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- National Provider Identifier required at hire
- Demonstrated understanding of all regulatory requirements and
legal consequences of anesthesia care.
- Proven ability to exercise professional prerogatives based on
sound clinical judgment.
- Demonstrated track record of following the precautionary and
preventive measures in giving patient care.
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams and have proven
communications and listening skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in interpersonal relations,
customer service, adaptability and change management.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Must be eligible for Medicare/Medi-Cal enrollment. Medicare
enrollment requires current certification by one of the following
organizations: Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetists or
the Council on Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists.
PrimaryLocation : California,San Jose,San Jose Hospital
HoursPerWeek : 32
Shift : Day
Workdays : Variable
WorkingHoursStart : 07:15 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 03:15 PM
Job Schedule : Part-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : NUE-NCAL-03-NUE-Non Union
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Department : San Jose Hospital - Anesthesiology-Inpatient -
Travel : No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, San Jose , CRNA Nurse Anesthetist PT 32H - San Jose, Healthcare , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!