Company: Light Field Lab
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 19, 2021
This is the opportunity to work on the development of the
world's highest resolution holographic display. The Lab Technician
will play a crucial role in assembling and processing advanced
optical materials to be used in prototype and production light
field displays. He/she will also build and test some of the world's
most advanced optical components.RequirementsJOB DUTIES:Essential
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assemble systems in the lab, consisting of optical materials,
electronics, and custom mechanical structures.
- Work with engineers to measure the properties of optical
- Carry out experiments to determine the best manufacturing
processes for optimal optical alignment, bonding, and system
- Work with engineers to develop methods for forming and
processing revolutionary materials to be used in light field
- Use mechanical fixtures in manufacturing and help develop
requirements for such fixtures.
- Build detailed assemblies that may take several hours to
- Carry out design-of-experiments (DOE) plans over periods of
several days or weeks, in which one or more process parameters may
be varied, and maintain detailed lab records.
- Maintain an organized lab environment, and order consumables
and other common lab supplies.
- Other tasks as assigned.Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Familiar with basic tools such as torque wrenches, ball
drivers, and saws.
- Able to perform simple mechanical modifications using a hand
drill or Dremel tool.REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:Qualifications
- Experience working in a lab environment.
- Ability to find and purchase basic lab equipment and lab
- Comfortable with development and manufacturing
- Familiar with the operation of industrial ovens.
- Experience operating automated testing software.
- Comfortable with clean room practices and procedures.
- Able to manipulate and modify small assemblies.
- Willing to work on detailed assemblies for several hours at a
- Able to carry out a DOE plan and maintain detailed lab
- Experience with mechanical fixtures for manufacturing.
- 3+ years of experience in a lab environment.
- Familiar with UV cure bonding and ultrasonic cleaning is
- Experience with forming and molding materials for manufacturing
is a plus.
- Familiarity with optical components such as lenses, test
charts, cameras, microscopes, and filters are desired.
- Experience with optical assemblies, including positioning
systems, alignment, and bonding is desired.
- Familiarity with optical breadboard setups consisting of
translation stages, rails, mounts, and clamps is a plus.Key
- Lab environment and basic lab equipment
- Sourcing of basic lab equipment and supplies
- Familiar with development and manufacturing environments
- Industrial ovens
- Operation of automated testing software
- Clean room experience
- Able to build and modify small assemblies
- DOE plans
- Mechanical fixtures for manufacturing
- Basic understanding of optical components (desired)
- Assembly of optical systems (desired)
- Optical breadboard setups (desired)
- Forming and molding materials for manufacturing (desired)
- Proficient in basic computer skillsPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSThe
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds for 50 feet; bend and
reach; work in an environment with daily changes in climate;
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely
is required to sit, read, write, type and speak for extended
periods of time;
- The employee is required to move around the premises;
- The employee must be able to observe and respond to people and
situations and interact with others encountered in the course of
- Employee must be able to learn and apply new skills or
- Must be able to multi-task regularly;
- Employee must display a positive, professional image and
attitude and work well with others;
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise
- Must demonstrate placement of a metric size M1.2 washer onto a
size M1.2 bolt, and then screwing this assembly into a threaded
hole to secure a small bracket;
- Must demonstrate stripping and soldering two 30-gauge wires
together, where one wire is fixed in position and the other is free
- The position also requires the following abilities: o Ability
to look at computer screen for extended periods;o Ability to
concentrate and focus for extended periods;o Ability to handle
stress;o Ability to interact frequently and positively with
others;o Ability to meet deadlinesThe above information on this
description has been designed to indicate the general nature and
level of work performance by employees within this classification.
It is not designed to contain or interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory or exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities
to meet business and organizational needs. Light Field Lab Inc. is
an at-will employer and this description is not intended to imply a
guarantee of permanent employment.BenefitsMajor Medical, Vision,
Keywords: Light Field Lab, San Jose , Lab Technician, Healthcare , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!