Manager I Behavioral Health Psychology
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Location: San Jose
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Important Update: In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Kaiser
Permanente is moving to a virtual recruitment process including
telephone and video interviews to help ensure the health and safety
of our employees, candidates, and communities. Also, some hiring
activities may be delayed or suspended in certain geographic areas
and job categories. For more information on Kaiser Permanente's
response to COVID-19, visit our Resource Center . Behavioral
Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care Celebrating Inner Strength
With a wealth of resources and encouragement at your disposal, you
can focus on helping your patients sustain their journey to better
health. Manager I Behavioral Health Psychology Location: San Jose,
CA Job Number: 936053 Date posted: 02/05/2021 Submit Interest
Position will be in Adult Psychiatry
Generally responsible for a small group or program, with both
administrative and client caseload responsibilities.
- Makes budget recommendations.
- Has input into hiring decisions with "veto" authority;
responsible for staffing various programs: coaches staff; provides
input into performance evaluations.
- Generally responsible for a small group or program such as
- Responsible for program design and implementation within
- Monitors access indicators: responsible for utilization
management. Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of
positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente
reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to
change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such
changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to
- Minimum of two (2) years professional experience under the
direction of a licensed psychologist or board certified
- PhD, PsyD, or EdD in clinical or counseling required from an
accredited college or university.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current valid license to practice psychology in the State of
California or valid license to practice in a state in the United
States and able to practice under Business and Professional Code
Section 2946 (maximum of 180 days subject to the specifics of the
- Must have a National Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an
NPI prior to employment start date.
- Knowledge of social service agencies, state regulations and APA
standards as it related to client treatment, patient rights and
- Previous clinical responsibilities to include psychological
testing, diagnosis, crisis intervention, brief individual and group
- Knowledge of psychological testing techniques, administration
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- N/A Primary Location: California,San Jose,San Jose Hospital
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon-Fri Working
Hours Start: 08:30 AM Working Hours End: 05:00 PM Job Schedule:
Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee
Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-NCAL-07-NUE-Non Union Employee Job
Level: Team Leader/Supervisor Job Category: Behavioral / Mental
Health Department: San Jose Hospital - Mental Hlth/Psych-Behavioral
- 0206 Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal
opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive
workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental
status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status,
genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of
diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified
applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered
for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws,
as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited
to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care
Careers Our Events Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente
team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward
to seeing you! Sign up to receive information about opportunities
that relate to your interests.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, San Jose , Manager I Behavioral Health Psychology, Healthcare , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!