Licensed Mental Health Clinician
Company: Hope Services
Location: San Jose
Posted on: October 17, 2020
Location: San Jose, CATeam: Mental Health Services - Clinical
Services Team /Work Type: Full-Time
Are you seeking fulfilling work that gives you the opportunity to
make a difference in the lives of others? Do you believe in the
integration of persons with disabilities into all aspects of
community membership? Do you enjoy assisting others in the learning
process? Then read on...
Hope Services is the Bay Area's largest non-profit agency,
providing a wide array of quality services for persons with
developmental disabilities for over 60 years! We are currently
hiring Licensed Mental Health Clinicians for our world-class Mental
Health Services program.
Hope Services offers an OUTSTANDING benefits package, including
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) Retirement, Life Insurance, Tuition
Reimbursement, Generous Paid Vacation and Sick Time accrual plans
About the Licensed Mental Health Clinician role:
The Licensed Mental Health Clinician provides assessment and
diagnosis to clients with dual diagnosis, provides individual,
group and family psychotherapy, prepares individual service and
coordination plans, documents clinical outcomes and acts as an
Responsibilities of the Licensed Health Clinician:
1. Provides individual, group and family therapy to persons with a
developmental disability who are diagnosed with severe mental
2. Utilize professional education and training to diagnose and
treat the clients' mental illnesses.
3. Provide psychotherapy to empower clients to identify and manager
their psychiatric symptoms to enable them to be maximally
functional in the larger community.
4. Constantly assess clients for potential harm to self, harm to
others, or potential victimization and take appropriate measures to
maintain safety. This includes, initiate involuntary
hospitalizations when necessary to maintain safety.
5. Provide 24-hour on-call crisis intervention.
6. Use professional training and credential to advocate for clients
with other agencies, educate other agencies to recognize and deal
with the needs of clients who have a developmental disability and
are diagnosed with a mental illness.
7. Develop relapse prevention strategies with clients and their
support systems to prevent future psychiatric hospitalizations and
loss of community placements.
8. Participate as an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team
designed to maximally meet the psychiatric and psychological needs
9. Regularly attend training to update and keep current skills and
10. Maintain appropriate treatment records and documentation as
11. Other duties as assigned to assure efficiency of the
The Licensed Mental Health Clinician should possess current
licensure current as a LCSW, LMFT, or Clinical Psychologist and
experience working with persons with developmental
1 Basic computer skills in work processing and spreadsheet
2. Ability to observe, evaluate, document and communicate verbally
and in writing.
3. Ability to accept supervision and work cooperatively as a team
member with co-workers as well as with the client and community
4. Knowledge of disabilities and the biological, psychological and
5. Ability to utilize critical thinking skills in decision making
situations, good organizational and record keeping skills, and good
6. Knowledge of psychotherapy.
7. Knowledge and understanding of multidisciplinary team and family
8. Ability to be flexible with scheduling and prioritization of
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Primarily works in an office environment. Long
periods of sitting. Some use of computer for record keeping,
periods of intense concentration. Some travel to satellite
locations, exposure to out door conditions.
Do you have what it takes to make a difference?
Inspire and be inspired! Hope Services takes immense pride in
maximizing our employee engagement. Will you join us??
Winner, 100 Best Places to Work, Silicon Valley/San Jose Business
Visit to find out more about us and the people we serve.
Hope Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran
status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other
protected characteristic. In addition to federal law requirements,
Hope Services complies with all applicable state and local laws
governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Keywords: Hope Services, San Jose , Licensed Mental Health Clinician, Healthcare , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!