Director, SMB Direct Sales
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Business Unit: Job Summary:
This position will be based out of our San Jose office and will
support SMB Sales for San Francisco, San Jose and Silicon Valley.
Responsible for effectively directing and monitoring the sales of
integrated communication products and services to small-to-medium
sized companies in an effort to meet and exceed sales revenue and
unit targets on a consistent basis.
Responsible for directing and developing Sales Managers and the
field sales organization to achieve all business sales objectives.
Provides leadership and direction for multiple functional areas.
Manages professionals at manager and professional levels. Ensures
appropriate resources are deployed to achieve financial and
business objectives. Influences, shapes, and integrates strategy
for functional area(s).
The Director is a key member of the Comcast Business California
senior leadership team and will collaborate with the other leaders
to drive execution of the overall business plan. The other leaders
represent the disciplines of Enterprise Sales, Marketing,
Operations, Sales Engineering, Market Development and Analytics.
Employees at all levels are expect to:- Understand our Operating
Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of
our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our
digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by
joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Develops a consultative business-to-business sales culture
through strong leadership and coaching. Leads by example by
modeling the Comcast Credo, Touchstones, and Promise.
- Coaches, reviews, rewards, motivates, disciplines, and terminates
managers in the field sales, Sales Engineering, and Sales Support
areas. Evaluates effectiveness of managers and implements necessary
changes. Addresses personnel issues/performance issues in
accordance with Company policy.
- Possesses an excellent knowledge of Company's products/services,
pricing practices, and selling skills to effectively oversee
small-to-medium business sales deployment of new products and
services that target the enterprise segment.
- Monitors and prepares reports and forecasts monthly, quarterly,
and annual sales results and other activity and performance
measures through experience with processing and analyzing of
- Develops, plans, and coordinates seminars, sale incentive plans,
and other strategies to achieve business unit objectives. Exhibits
excellent written and oral communications, interpersonal skills and
planning, presentation and organizational skills.
- Identifies and implements improvements in business processes
yielding, increased sales performance, and/or higher operational
efficiency through excellent time management, decision-making, and
human relations skills.
- Establishes and cultivates effective business relationships, both
cross-functionally and with Division and Corporate Business
Services teams and with internal organizations to ensure maximum
effectiveness of the sales organization.
- Manages and monitors small-to-medium business sales channels
within budgeted sales and expense targets.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in
matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
? Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
? Business, Marketing
? Generally requires 9+ years related experience
?Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Keywords: Comcast, San Jose , Director, SMB Direct Sales, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!