Company: Fisher Investments
Location: San Jose
Posted on: September 14, 2019
OverviewIt's an exciting time to be in our IT/Technology
Department; we're investing heavily in the future of our firm's
technology. Our business is growing internationally, which
emphasizes the need to build an unparalleled technology team that
drives future global growth and scale through strategic solutions
and continuous innovation. We play a foundational role in
supporting our firm's diverse businesses, and we're excited to
continue solidifying that foundation as we add more talented
technologists to our team.
Our IT Department is now seeking a highly talented Project Manager
to join our team. This position will be located either in our San
Mateo, CA, office (near San Francisco, CA) or Camas, WA, (near
Portland, OR) office. This will be a contract-to-hire or direct
- Manage all phases of individual projects to ensure they are
completed efficiently and meet the customer's requirements.
Projects may be multi-year, multi-million dollar efforts involving
the replacement of core business systems and involve process
changes to multiple business units.
- Lead and motivate teams and ensure projects are delivered with
a high degree of quality.
- Effectively manage the project scope, budget, and timeline.
Evaluate the impact to the project if changes are made to these
- Identify and manage potential risks or issues. Proactively
develop contingency and mitigation plans.
- Utilize analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as
project management and technical knowledge, to assess and resolve
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to project
team members, internal customers, and the management team.
Communicate difficult and sensitive information tactfully.
- Influence decision-making, obtain buy-in, and negotiate
resources, scope, and timelines with Project Sponsors, key
stakeholders, and project team members.
- Work with impacted departments to identify needs and obtain
- Manage contract and consulting resources and ensure compliance
with the project budget and Statement of Work.
- Analyze and assess project requirements and processes and
provide recommendations for improvement.
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of project management experience
required; or equivalent combination of
- Demonstrated experience leading collaborative project teams on
technical projects of varying size and complexity
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with
management , project team members, internal clients, and
- Strong ability to persuade at all levels of the
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple priorities, and
solve complex problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of waterfall and agile methodologies and tools, and
experience managing projects in both
- Ability to identify and provide solutions for improving current
Why Fisher Investments:
Fisher Investments is a different kind of investment firm. We don't
come from Wall Street, nor do we believe we fit in with most of the
finance industry, and we're proud of that. We work for a bigger
purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service
to innovative perspectives on investing, it's the people that make
the Fisher purpose possible. After all, it's our people that enable
us to offer the level of service that we do. And we invest in them
accordingly, offering exceptional benefits to our full-time
- 100% coverage of premiums for health, vision and dental
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 week paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- And much, much more
We also provide a cumulative, continuous learning and development
framework customized for every employee. This emphasis on personal
and professional growth has yielded an award-winning work
environment; we're Great Place to Work Certified, and The Oregonian
named us as a 2017 and 2018 Top Workplace.
But in the end, it's not the perks that keep people here. They stay
because they believe in our mission of service-our employees want
to make a difference in an industry that can do better.
* California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of
sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: Fisher Investments, San Jose , Project Manager, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!