VP, Infrastructure Operations
Company: Fisher Investments
Location: San Jose
Posted on: September 14, 2019
OverviewIt's an exciting time to be in our IT department; we're
investing heavily in the future of our firm's technology. Our
business is growing internationally, which emphasizes the need to
build an unparalleled technology team that drives future global
growth and scale through strategic solutions and continuous
innovation. We play a foundational role in supporting our firm's
diverse businesses, and we're excited to continue solidifying that
foundation as we add more talented technologists to our team.
This position will be located in either our San Mateo, CA, (near
San Francisco, CA) office, our Plano, TX, (near Dallas, TX) office,
or our Camas, WA, (near Portland, OR) office.
The VP- Infrastructure Operations reports to the Head of
Infrastructure & Operations and is responsible for delivering vital
support services to the infrastructure operating environment. This
position manages all support aspects of the server environment
(hardware and operating system) and accompanying storage area
networks. This role also manages the corporate data and voice
networks ensuring timely support and availability of these
services. The VP - Infrastructure Operations ensures the
development, quality assurance, and production environments run
smoothly and have the necessary capacity to meet future demand.
The VP- Infrastructure Operations is a leadership role with the
responsibility to ensure service readiness and document reviews are
conducted on infrastructure changes. This role is also responsible
for the management of infrastructure deployment best practices,
test strategies, and documentation, as well as assisting in
operational planning and projects, including the facilitation of
people management and resources.
The role requires extensive collaboration with other Infrastructure
and Operations leaders to maintain alignment with technology
strategy, as well as other Technology leaders to construct testing
and implementation strategies and perform effective staff,
infrastructure, and capability planning. The candidate must have
strong communication and leadership skills, as well as executive
- Ensures all aspects of IT Infrastructure Operations are
thoroughly planned, implemented and maintained
- Responsible for the overall managerial responsibility and day
to day operations of the entire IT Infrastructure Operations
- Leading and Managing distributed cross functional IT Operations
teams, platforms and solutions across the major infrastructure
areas like Systems, Virtualization, Network, Telecom, Storage,
Database, Data Center, Backups, Monitoring, Security, Compliance
- Managing infrastructure deployment best practices, test
strategies, and documentation, including operational planning and
projects, including the facilitation of people management and
- Collaborating with other Infrastructure and Operations leaders
to maintain alignment with Technology strategy.
- Review and analyze existing infrastructure and operations
effectiveness and efficiency and develop strategies for improving
or leveraging these systems.
- Manages the successful delivery of infrastructure changes in
accordance to enterprise architecture standards to ensure
infrastructure meets business continuity and architectural
- Collaborates with relevant operational and build teams to
construct testing and implementation strategies and perform
effective staff, infrastructure, and capability planning.
- Establish and maintain regular communications with the
organization's executives, department heads, and end users
regarding pertinent activities.
- Contribute to department operational planning and projects, and
organize and negotiate the allocation of resources.
- Minimum 15+ years of leadership experience in leading and
managing an IT Infrastructure Operations environment with cross
functional IT teams.
- Expertise in establishing strong governance with effective
processes, procedures, utilizing key IT service management (ITSM)
techniques, policies, along with establishing SLA's, KPIs and other
key operational metrics.
- Establishing proactive operations, standardization efforts, and
appropriate toolsets with automation and orchestration that will
transform much of IT operations in all core areas.
- In-depth experience in ensuring the optimal management of the
system availability, performance, and capacity management
proactively for the core infrastructure areas.
- Experience in implementing and managing hybrid IT/Cloud
deployments, with Strong skill sets, and knowledge with practices
and procedures to accommodate hybrid IT operations.
- Establishing modern monitoring frameworks and toolsets with
dashboards, metrics, and reports across all core IT areas as well
as for end-to-end application performance and end user
- Simplifying overall infrastructure operations and maintain
visibility and control proactively at multiple layers across the IT
- Expertise in doing more with less to attain higher efficiency,
at higher scale along with focusing on client support experience,
and quality of service delivered.
- Experience with agile principles and practices in
Infrastructure & Operations, preferably supporting DevOps and
application development teams.
- Experience in infrastructure modernization by utilizing a
highly automated infrastructure stack with infrastructure-as-a-code
toolsets and solutions.
- Expertise in driving a culture of automation to optimize
infrastructure operations proactively, focusing on how to improve
operational performance, resource utilization, productivity,
quality, reliability along with scalability.
- Strong experience in leading transformational initiatives,
driving cultural change successfully while ensuring customer
service is aligned and supported with quality and
- Strong leadership experience in Change, problem and incident
management with close focus on minimizing business impact with
proven clients/customers management experience.
- Excellent people management skills, collaboration, relationship
and stakeholder management skills required.
Why Fisher Investments?
Fisher Investments is a different kind of investment firm. We don't
come from Wall Street, nor do we believe we fit in with most of the
finance industry, and we're proud of that. We work for a bigger
purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service
to innovative perspectives on investing, it's the people that make
the Fisher purpose possible. After all, it's our people that enable
us to offer the level of service that we do. And we invest in them
accordingly, offering exceptional benefits (upon conversion to
permanent hire) like:
- 100% coverage of premiums for health, vision and dental
- 50% 401(k) match - up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO* (plus 9 paid holidays)
- Open and supportive team-based environment
- And much, much more
We also provide a cumulative, continuous learning and development
framework customized for every employee. This emphasis on personal
and professional growth has yielded an award-winning work
environment; we're Great Place to Work Certified, and The Oregonian
named us as a 2017 and 2018 Top Workplace.
But in the end, it's not the perks that keep people here. They stay
because they believe in our mission of service-our employees want
to make a difference in an industry that can do better.
*California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of
sick time per year.
Thank you for your interest in our firm. We look forward to hearing
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: Fisher Investments, San Jose , VP, Infrastructure Operations, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!