Technical Software Manager, Engineering (DNAC Platform
Company: Cisco Systems
Location: San Jose
Posted on: July 15, 2019
Title: Technical Software Manager, Engineering (DNAC Platform)Who
You'll Work WithCisco is transforming the networking industry. To
make this happen, we are heavily investing in the team responsible
for The Network. Intuitive. We are disrupting the industry by
building a new networking platform that can learn, adapt, and
secure itself at the speed of today's businesses. This Digital
Network Architecture platform automates network management and
provides our customers with state-of-the-art analytics and
insights. This team's innovations span artificial intelligence,
machine learning, analytics, IoT, security, automation, and
We are looking for software engineering leader and technology
visionaries to join the DNA platform team. This includes building
highly reliable and scalable services, and designing innovative
full stack technical solutions. You MUST be passionate by
Technology and demonstrated strong execution capabilities.
As we build the new network, we need you to bring your new ideas
and enthusiasm to jump into opportunities, transforming industries
as they emerge and grow. You will collaborate with a creative team
to take on some of the toughest challenges in the tech world.
Are you passionate about working on groundbreaking technology with
global impact? Will you be our next hire?Cisco DNA Center:
https://www.cisco.com/go/dnacenterWhat You'll Do
- You will Direct a team that develops PaaS and on-premise
- You will identify and highlight technical risk areas and
- Hold regular one-on-ones with your team, provide ongoing
coaching and mentorship, write performance evaluations, and lead
- Maintain a focus on team execution and development. This
includes leading project schedules and identifying risks in an
environment with iterative planning and delivery cycles. You will
set commitments, deadlines, and high standards for the team.
- Collaborate closely with engineering peers, product managers
and partners from across the business to plan roadmap, features,
- Communicate clearly and effectively to ensure transparency as
you drive forward
- Seek consensus and assistance from other engineering teams to
build cross-product features and/or infrastructure Breaking down
and prioritizing lists of product requirements into smaller,
- Work closely with your product manager to develop new features
in our Investigate product
Who you areYou enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment
with a take-charge / attitude and is able to demonstrate
flexibility and resiliency.
- 10+ years of meaningful work experience in software development
with some experience prototyping, shipping and iterating on a new
product or complex feature
- 6+ years of experience in leading the team end to end as a tech
lead or manager
- Experience building cloud-based systems, on premise,
distributed systems, HA concepts and implementation.
- You have experience with Linux Container technologies like
Docker, Kubernetes etc will be considered a big plus.
- You understand systems, Linux like a DevOps Engineering, with
some experiences with Backup, Restore, HA, Installer, Upgrades and
- The ability to influence, facilitate discussion and work in
partnership with other teams. You are persuasive, patient and
- A strategic and product-oriented mindset with ability to
present synthetized executive summary of your projects or risk to
upper manager and stakeholders.
- A Passion for learning about networking and cloud
- Excellent prioritization skills.
- Experience working closely with Product Management, UX, or
Design teams Excellent communication and group presentation
- Experience with Agile software development implementation.
- Ability to roll out agile processes and concepts to a team. Act
as scrum master, product owner, etc.
- Experience Working with continuous integration and automated
- Experience building RESTful APIs in a production
Why CiscoAt Cisco, each person brings their unrival talents to work
as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays
and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and
we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking
that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that
accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers
entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from
Smart-Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a
culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work
and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka
dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Cisco Systems, San Jose , Technical Software Manager, Engineering (DNAC Platform, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!