Test Development Manager, 3D Sensing
Company: Lumentum Operations
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 15, 2019
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic
over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Test Development Manager, 3D Sensing
Lumentum (NASDAQ: LITE) is a market-leading manufacturer of
innovative optical and photonic products enabling optical
networking and commercial laser customers worldwide. Lumentum's
optical components and subsystems are part of virtually every type
of telecom, enterprise, and data center network. Lumentum's
commercial lasers enable advanced manufacturing techniques and
diverse applications including next-generation 3D sensing
capabilities. Lumentum is headquartered in Milpitas, California
with R&D, manufacturing, and sales offices worldwide.
For more information, visit www.lumentum.com.Lumentum is an Equal
Opportunity Employer, EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals
This individual is a development manager of 3DS test Engineering
team in both continuing development and manufacturing aspects of
semiconductor-based optics/optoelectronic components. This manager
will lead the team to develop concept of new wafer level, panel
level and module level testers including low and high speed
testers, co-work with vender to bring the concept to mass
production. In addition of leadership capability the candidate
shall also be technically strong enough to guide research and
development directions in creating new testing systems and
processes, improvement of testing systems---.
The candidate will interface with various product team, R&D
team, equipment team, manufacturing process team, and CM to
maintain and improve the legacy wafer fab products and future new
product under development phases. The position is suited to provide
necessity support to wafer fab manufacturing and chip
In this position you will lead the test team to:
- Develop new test concepts at wafer level, panel level and
module level tests including optical and electrical tests and
co-work with venders to implement them to mass production
- Analyze, debug, and recommend corrective actions for quality
issues related to problems of real-time/escalated manufacturing fab
issues throughout their entire life cycle within the manufacturing
area of wafer level testing/die level testing/automation/visual
inspection/dicing/Pick & Place.
- Review, analyze, and drive existing manufacturing process
technologies with a goal of continuously improve the yield,
increase production line efficiency (eliminate manual command, data
inputs, data gathering automation, etc. via programming
automation), and lean manufacturing process.
- Own the sustaining fab infrastructures in order to meet all key
production matrices including the line yield, wafer cost/cycle
time, delivery to commitment, engineering change order, statistical
process control/analysis, work instruction, corrective action,
high-level production training, manufacturing execution system
(MES), process flow, volume manufacturing, gauge R&R, other
- Engineering support role for new product introduction, new
process development, product requalification, single failure
process mitigation, failure analysis.
- Support the wafer fab department in all aspects of
manufacturing engineering and use continuous improvement skill to
reduce cost, improve quality, improve capacity, capability and
consistently raise the bar to be best in class.
- The successful candidate will have a PhD in physics/electrical
engineering/material science and 3+ years of technical team
management experiences and 10+years of applicable hands on testing
experiences in a manufacturing environment.
- Capability of understanding the strength/skill of everyone in
the team and put everyone in correct position to finish projects
- Proficiency in test environment and automation programming
experience with LabVIEW and either Visual Basic or C++ or C# are
- Willingness to travel 20% internationally.
- Prior experience in high volume manufacturing engineering
- SPC, JMP, Minitab or equivalent and execution/analysis design
- Excellent communication, teamwork and presentation skills are
also essential for success in this position.
- The ability to successfully work in a deadline driven,
production environment is required as well as previous
- Experience with machine vision is a huge plus.
- Matlab experience is highly preferred.
- Knowledge and some hands on experience with metrology, material
characterization, wafer and die level test, and die
inspection/fabrication is helpful.
- Develop new and modify existing test source codes to meet new
product and existing product testing requirements is a
Keywords: Lumentum Operations, San Jose , Test Development Manager, 3D Sensing, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!