Senior Product Manager - Viewics Platform
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 15, 2019
The PositionWho We Are:
Viewics has created a modern analytics platform that will
ultimately change the way patients are cared for. Our challenge is
to bring together complex diagnostic and treatment data from
medical devices and IT systems within a hospital and intelligently
process and present this data to clinicians to improve laboratory
efficiency and patient care. We are looking for candidates with
expertise in healthcare IT and the ability to operate in a
fast-paced environment to join our team and contribute to this
Bring your natural curiosity and desire to improve evidence based
care to this highly strategic program in Roche, focused on building
a portfolio of physician decision support software products.
This position will own the Viewics Analytics platform roadmap and
will drive the features and functionalities required to build the
best possible BI platform in the market.
The ideal candidate has deep experience with analytics platforms,
BI tools, and knows ETL like the back of their hand. This position
is responsible for driving the entire platform strategy including
everything from data ingestion through monetization of dashboards
and everything in between. The ideal candidate will work closely
with the Marketplace product manager and engineering leadership to
make sure that new applications, new data sources, and new
analytics routines can be brought onto the platform quickly and can
- Communicate and interact closely with key stakeholders:
primarily IT professionals
- Collaborate with marketing, sales, design, and engineering
colleagues to translate high-level use cases into actionable
product requirements and development specifications for one or more
- Collaborate with multiple teams to get internal stakeholder buy
- Work closely with the UI/UX team to design elegant user
experiences that help solve customers pain points.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to develop high fidelity
prototypes to take to customer sites for user testing.
- Test and refine designs & prototypes with users and
stakeholders to ensure product deliverables meet
- Help identify and manage third party vendor relationships and
- Develop protocols and methodologies to measure success criteria
for beta site projects.
- Conduct market assessments and develop business models for new
- Work with highly cross-functional project teams to build and
ship commercial products into the market.
- Contribute to the roadmap and help drive product strategy
across the organization.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in computer science, other technical fields,
business, or an equivalent combination of education and work
experience. MBA is a plus.
- 5-10 years experience in product management for enterprise,
SaaS, or health-related technology products.
- Demonstrated experience translating high-level strategies and
visions into product requirements
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to interact
with a wide range of stakeholders with varying degrees of technical
- Prior experience creating SaaS based platform and
- Prior experience with data extraction technologies such as
Talend or Informatica desired
- Experience with current BI tools such as Tableau, Qlik,
Business Objects, etc.
- Familiarity with hospital environments and different health
data systems (Middleware, LIS, EMR) is a plus.
- Experience with customer interviews, user testing, and other
user-centric research and design programs.
- Technology start-up experience, where the need to innovate and
execute fast was imperative for success, is a plus.
- Experience taking at least one product from conception to
- Experience working with remote developers critical
Who We AreA member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the
forefront of the biotechnology industry
for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop
novel medicines for serious and
life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the
market for cancer & other serious
illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech
where we believe that our employees
are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great
place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online"
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful
discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry,
age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information
about equal employment opportunity, visit our .
Keywords: Genentech, San Jose , Senior Product Manager - Viewics Platform, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!