Tradeshow and Events Manager
Company: Arm Holding
Location: San Jose
Posted on: January 15, 2019
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you a top-tier Tradeshow and Events Manager who has a background in US and International tech trade shows, conferences, events, and more? Does driving success through collaboration and taking independent initiative get you up in the morning? Then read on!We are looking for a creative Tradeshow and Events Manager who will support corporate, customer and partner success through the design and delivery of extraordinary Arm events.We are a growing group that completes over 50+ trade shows and events annually.
About the role:
The position is in San Jose, CA and will require working onsite full-time. You would report to the Director, Marketing Events in San Jose, CA.Your role would include initiating and maintaining working relationships with, but not limited: Worldwide Event Team, Corporate Marketing, Accounting, Legal, Finance, Engineering, IT, as well as service providers.It is critical that you have a demonstrated aptitude for successfully handling multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously with challenging priorities. The scope of your experience would include execution of events that range up to 6,000+ attendees with budgets ranging from $5,000 to $5MM+.What will I be responsible for?You will partner with, among others, the Event Campaign Manager for each event. Your responsibility will be to translate the overall strategy and messaging through the design, logistics, vendor management, budget, execution and post-event analysis of each trade show and event.You will collaborate with the U.S. & Global events teams. You will lead stakeholders, suppliers and contributors through effective project management and collaboration to extraordinary levels of execution of all assigned deliverables (on schedule and within budget). Activities will include scheduling and running regular planning meetings with attendees from around the world and include all contributing members of each trade show and events.You will approach each trade show and event from a holistic perspective. Your responsibilities include not only the initiation of the event but also moving it through the internal review and approval process, and leading details from selection of giveaways, interactive lead generation activities shipping of trade show assets that might encompass demo equipment, signage, collateral and helping with chair drops.Understand the importance of each event, conference and webinar and how the outcomes affect marketing and sales goals.Specifically (but not exclusively)
- You will gather accurate budget information, proactively communicate budget status, including overages.
- Source, lead, and negotiate agreements and contracts with vendor.
- Lead all venue logistics and vendor relationships before, during and after the events, including setup, teardown, and staffing.
- Develop and execute an integrated plan for attendance at each event which includes internal and partner orchestration, booth and overall onsite experience, pre- and post-event.
- One of the most meaningful aspects of the role is to bring energy, creativity, and new ideas to build a successful event experience.
- Extraordinary written and oral communications skills that are delivered in a concise and logical way, resolving most appropriate communication channel and tailoring communication to the audience.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Power Point, Word and cloud-sharing programs.
- Program planning and presentations, execution, logistics management, vendor relations, administrative, event updates, communications liaison and scheduling, liaison with other departments.
- Remarkable level budget management - plan to the budget / notify director of status. Developing and managing program budgets (zero-based and historical), reconciliation, and event income and expenses.
- Setting and developing timelines, project management task lists, and divisions of duties.
- Leading logistics, operations, schedules, and production coordination.
- Manage site selection, RFP creation and management, site inspections, and analytical recaps.
- Lead the overall project execution, performance, and profitability.
- Project management, timelines, and task management.
- Registration and communications best practices (experience with event registration platforms).
- Facilities management, audio-visual, room layouts and design.
- Vendor sourcing and management.
- Contracting, negotiations, and compliance ensuring we map to Event budgets and financials.
- Knowledge of Marketo and NetSuite is a plus.
- Supervise design and execution of event surveys and other tools to measure the success of the event programming and logistics.
- Develop and evolve an evaluation framework to assess the strengths of events and identify areas for improvement.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- BS/BA in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- Minimum of 6+ years of high tech global marketing and events management and operations
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills; experience developing relationships with internal partners, third party vendors, and customers
- Ability to interface seamlessly with a global, diverse team (excellent collaboration skills, culturally sensitive, can adjusts communication style to various audiences)
- Ability to travel to event location specific to each program assigned
- Demonstrate event planning and event management standard methodologies
- Experience working in a dynamic environment and track record of successful execution of multiple events with opposing priorities
- Strong program, project, and time management skills - highly organized, detail focused, results driven, accountable with the ability to handle stress and last-minute, urgent requests
- Dedicated and creative thinker; problem solving and ability to "think and lead on your feet"
- Consultative approach to questions, concerns and issues
- Excellent budgeting, negotiation and vendor management skills
- Familiarity with online and social marketing strategies and tactics
- Demonstrated experience leading by example (exhibiting integrity, enthusiasm, and commitment to results) and cultivating collaboration
- Willingness to understand how the team integrates with other related teams in accomplishing the events objectives.
- Able to evaluate options under circumstances that are outside defined procedures, selecting the best solution to the problem with minimal support and guidance.At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global ARM community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate - and that everyone misses out when we don'tPassion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can't stop. Grow with it and own your own progress Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying 'I don't know'
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightlyWith offices around the world, ARM is a diverse organization of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to ARM's success in the global marketplace.#LI-JS1
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm's benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: caf-- on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm-- technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm San Jose office is nestled in California's Silicon Valley, just south of San Francisco. Serving as Arm's North America headquarters, the office houses employees serving all divisions of Arm. World-renowned Stanford University is seen as a hub of innovation, helping to make San Jose one of the US's fastest growing cities.
San Jose, California USA
150 Rose Orchard Way
San Jose, CA 95134-1358
See on Google maps
Keywords: Arm Holding, San Jose , Tradeshow and Events Manager, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!