Sr. Software Development Manager
Company: Bruker Corporation
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 11, 2018
As one of the world's leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutionsin all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We've been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
The Tribology, Stylus and Optical Metrology business unit within the Bruker Nano Surfaces Division has an exceptional opportunity for a highly creative and resourceful Software Development Manager to define and design the long term direction of our world leading Tribometers. The Software Manager will work closely with management, scientists and engineers to architect the requirements for a variety of projects in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment. The Software Manager will provide technical leadership as part of a team working on highly technical software initiatives. This position requires the demonstration of significant responsibility, cooperation, initiative and innovation. The Software Manager must be experienced in guiding teams made up of local and off-shore talent.
- Research, evaluate and define architecture technology, strategy, tools, and standards appropriate for system specifications.
- Recommend, design and document architecture, patterns and standards, and mentor developers through hands-on assistance, formal and informal training, and direct involvement in technical product development.
- Manage software development resources locally as well as off-shore.
- Maintain and evolve software architecture documents based on evolving system requirements and industry trends and technologies.
- Lead the creation of software requirement specification documents.
- Participate in the system specification review process to ensure system requirements can be translated into valid software architecture.
- Ensure the overall integrity of the software specification and validate it against the system specification.
- Integrate internal and external product design into a cohesive user experience.
- Guide and mentor software engineering group.
- Lead improvements in software development processes such as issue tracking, code reviews, automated builds, and automated unit testing.
- Provide supporting information to the Engineers to aid in the creation of system specifications.
- Provide regular communications with Sr. Management on software roadmap progress.
Will immediately manage 3 Senior Software Engineers, and 4-7 outsourced engineering resources.
- A minimum of a BS (MS or PhD preferred) in CS or a technical field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Windows application development using object oriented techniques using MFC and .Net using multi-threaded programming.
- Experience as a software architect or working on a software architecture team, providing technical leadership/guidance/mentorship (direction setting and articulating, consensus building, conflict mediation, diplomacy, etc.).
- Demonstrated strong logical and technical problem-solving skills with ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and quickly comprehend new concepts.
- At least 8 years of C/C++ programming experience.
- Proficiency in C#
- Experience delivering results using out-sourced resources, preferably off-shore.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form.
- Experience in motion control, digital signal processing, hardware interfaces, and interactive GUIs.
Knowledge of current advances in software technologies is a key requirement for this position, as is the ability to learn new technologies and processes quickly. Deep knowledge and experience in current component based and service-based architecture design as well as software design patterns, modern languages, system platform and IP reuse concepts, and large refactoring projects.
- Experience in semiconductor or other equipment type manufacturing software applications.
- Experience with CUDA or other parallel computing platforms.
- Experience with MatLab, Labview, WPF, and DSP programming and modeling.
- Experience with Scrum or other Agile methodologies including test frameworks and architecture techniques for automated testing.
- Training and/or experience in the field of Human Computer Interaction (HCI)
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and tuition assistance (as applicable).
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Keywords: Bruker Corporation, San Jose , Sr. Software Development Manager, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!