RN Home Health Case Manager
Company: Cameron Craig Group
Location: San Jose
Posted on: October 12, 2018
RN Case Manager for Home Health This position is for field work for a home health company from the East Palo Alto to Gilroy. Must have Home Health experience for a minimum of 1 yearMust know OASIS paperworkMust be a registered nurse Competitive pay with benefits. Pay based on experience Job Description: Registered NurseReports to: Clinical Supervisor/Nursing Supervisor Job Summary:The registered nurse plans, organizes and directs home care services and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on community health education/experience. The professional nurse builds from the resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the needs of individuals and families within their homes and communities. Minimum Qualifications:
- Registered nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state.
- Graduate of National League for Nursing accredited school of nursing.
- Maintains a current CPR certification.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Recommend a minimum of two years experience, at least one of which is in the area of public health or home care nursing is preferred.
- Self directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates excellent observation, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
- Shows ability to organize and prioritize workload independently.
- Management experience not required. Responsible for supervising home health aides.
- Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift, position, or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, or crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills Essential Duties and Responsibilities:Patient Care
- Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
- Regularly re-evaluates patient nursing needs.
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
- Develops a care plan, which establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan of care.
- Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements prior to discharge of the patient.
- Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor/Nursing Supervisor and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload.Communication
- Prepares clinical notes and updates the primary physician when necessary and at least every sixty days.
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient's needs and reports and changes in the patient's condition; obtains/receives physicians orders as required.
- Communicates with community health related persons to coordinate the care plan.Additional duties
- Documents all care, interventions and care coordination per law, regulation and agency policy.
- Adheres to the services policy and principles of the ANX Home Healthcare Program.
- Supervises Home Health aides and LVNs according to law, regulation and agency policy.
- Behaves in a courteous professional manner with patients, health professionals and maintains patient confidentiality.
- Plays a role in the Quality Assurance activities and Utilization Review activities of the agency, as requested.
- Selects and attends education programs to keep current in area of practice.
- Participates in in-service programs and attends mandatory meeting, as indicated by the agency. Physical Requirements:Ability to work in fast paced environment with multiple interruptions. While performing the duties of this Job, the staff is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The staff is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel or crouch. The staff must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move, working in teams and assistive devices, up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move, working in teams and assistive devices, up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Environmental and Working ConditionsEnvironmental ConditionsMay be exposed to extremes of heat and cold in all weather conditions. Must drive in various weather conditions on roads in varying degrees of repair.Working ConditionsMay be exposed to infections and contagious diseases. Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances. May be exposed or occasionally exposed to patient elements. Subject to varying and unpredictable situations. Handles emergency or crisis situations. Travel required. OSHA exposure category:
- Category I — Position includes tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids, tissues.
- Category II — Position includes tasks that involve no exposure to blood, body fluids, tissues, but employment may require unplanned Category I tasks.
- Category III — Position includes tasks that involve no exposure to blood, body fluids, tissues; would not be required to perform Category I tasks.
Keywords: Cameron Craig Group, San Jose , RN Home Health Case Manager, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!