Human Resources Manager
Company: Ultimate Staffing Services
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Ultimate Staffing is looking for an Human Resources Manager. The
position is located in San Jose, CA is a contract to hire position
and provides an opportunity to join a great team!Compensation:$48
to $51 hourly Depending on Experience.This position is responsible
for employee relations, employment compliance, unemployment claims,
and monitoring of employment status for the employees of that
designated area. With a focus on investigations, manager and
supervisor training, and compliance. This position will ensure all
recruitment processes, practices, compliance, technology, and tools
are used in the field to maintain stated region goals pertaining to
non-billable overtime (NBOT), Security Officer Turnover, and
Account Manager Turnover.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Investigation of, response to, and documentation of employee
complaints, including potential legal issues, EEOC charges, and
- Monitoring of NBOT; Working with Recruiters in finding
proactive solutions in staffing positions.
- Monitoring and assuring compliance in hiring practices,
personnel documentation, and other compliance items (e.g.
licensing, performance evaluations, LDW report, etc.).
- Training of account managers and supervisors in employee
relations, positive employment practices, and avoidance of legal
- Monitoring of employee terminations, assessment of
documentation supporting terminations, and responses to the
Department of Labor for unemployment claims.
- Participation in employee retention and human capital
- Coach Managers, HR designees, and others who have HR
responsibilities within a branch office.
- Oversee employee relations and claims management activities
throughout the designated area, assuring that investigations are
handled and documented appropriate to negating a lawsuit.
- Support the Regional HR Director and Legal team on sensitive
- Assure compliance with programs are being appropriately
administered regarding licensing, I-9s, leaves of absences,
vacations, personnel file maintenance, status changes, performance
evaluations, terminations, etc.
- Develop, in conjunction with Branch Manager/ General Manager
and HR Director, plans to reduce overtime and turnoverOTHER
- Assist in development of managers through training on labor
law, ER processes, and skills. Help Managers write development
programs for managers with performance issues.
- Improve work environment and employee relations through
effective customer service and various measures, including
complaint investigation, grievance resolution, focus groups, etc.,
as appropriate to the situation and the Concern Resolution
- Ensure that corporate policies are appropriately enforced and
- Assure that appropriate information is communicated with and to
the Managers and the Regional HR Director.
- Travel regularly throughout designated area to interact with
and gain confidence of district support and operations personnel,
and to investigate particularly serious allegations.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration
with a minimum of 2 years of HR Generalist experience.
- PHR Certification preferred, but not required.
- Supervisory experience.
- Ability to train and explain to managers the basics in
employment law for better understanding and supervisory
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle
and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability
to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple
competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Must be highly proficient
Keywords: Ultimate Staffing Services, San Jose , Human Resources Manager, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!