Director, Web and Campus Applications
Company: San Jose State University
Location: San Jose
Posted on: September 21, 2023
NOTE: The CSU strongly recommends that all individuals who
access any in-person program or activity (on- or off-campus)
operated or controlled by the University follow COVID-19 vaccine
recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and
Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health
(CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other
relevant indications and comply with other safety measures
established by each campus. The systemwide policy can be found at
questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org . Director, Web and Campus
ApplicationsJob SummaryThe Director leads a department of IT
application programmers, IT application analysts and IT Consultants
for identifying, delivering, integrating, configuring, maintaining,
training and supporting the campus' business productivity
applications. The Director serves as a member of the SJSU IT
Enterprise Solutions group and works in collaboration with leaders
in SJSU IT Leadership Team and other divisions to support the
university's strategic plan.This position will assist in conducting
annual assessment of services, quarterly measurements with formal
reporting, and evaluating and implementing needed changes to
satisfy our students, faculty, and staff. The incumbent oversees
the planning, design, development and implementation of the
architecture of IT Enterprise Applications and other university
services in coordination with peers in SJSU IT. This includes
configuring, maintaining, and supporting SJSU's enterprise software
applications.The Director identifies, assigns, and prioritizes work
assignments for staff; develops personal growth opportunities and
recruits and trains staff and student assistants. The incumbent
collaborates with staff on project assignments, and with directors
on staff issues, concerns and staff development. Annual performance
evaluations and professional development of staff are part of these
duties. The incumbent represents SJSU IT in various collaborative
campus venues, leveraging them for feedback and guidance.This is a
position in the CSU - Management Personnel Plan (MPP), and serves
at the pleasure of the President. This position will require
adherence to University compliance training such as: Conflict of
Interest and Ethics, AB 1825 Sexual Harassment Prevention,
Information Security, and Injury and Illness Prevention Program.
The person hired for this position may be required to complete an
outside employment disclosure statement in accordance with Title V
of the California Code of Regulations.Key Responsibilities
- Communicate the IT mission, vision, and priorities to the
- Provide ongoing coaching and feedback to employees through
regularly scheduled 1-1s and ongoing interaction. Provide annual
written performance evaluations and specific coaching on
- Develop and maintain annual workforce plan defining capacity of
roles and necessary skill development to provide defined services
within SLA and improve customer satisfaction.
- Recruit, interview, select, and train required staff and
student assistants to meet ongoing workforce plan and staffing
- Ensure the appropriate CSU and SJSU Human Resources, and SJSU
IT policies and practices are implemented correctly.
- Ensure the ongoing operational delivery of all services within
agreed upon SLA definitions.
- Develop measurement system to control ongoing delivery
performance of services and take appropriate corrective and
preventive action to ensure operational excellence.
- Develop and maintain annual/quarterly/monthly resource plan
identifying and allocating resources against projects and
operational resource services/requests. -
- Work with User and SJSU IT management team to ensure a clear
prioritization of inbound work, tradeoffs of commitments, and
allocation of resources.
- Manage the execution of the overall portfolio of projects and
operational services within the department. -
- Ensure projects are delivered on scope, on time, and within
- Manage the planning, design, development and implementation of
Web and Business Applications to ensure compliance with IT
Application Architecture, Data Architecture, and Security
- Ensure the ongoing maintenance and administration of all Web
and Business Applications to ensure compliance with support vendor
versions and security patching.
- Define, implement, monitor, and improve departmental
procedures, methods, processes.
- Meet departmental budget guidelines. Deliver budget performance
within +/- 5% of annual plan.
- Ensure the appropriate chargebacks, relevant MOUs, Statements
of Work, and confidentiality agreements are implemented
- Build strong partnerships and communication vehicles with
relevant units on campus and help set the direction for new
technologies and the improved use of existing
technologies.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Combination of demonstrated skills in end-user service
management, technology management, process engineering, customer
centric thinking, and executive communication.
- Strong collaboration, consultative, and teambuilding skills to
work effectively with faculty, staff, and senior administrators to
develop and implement appropriate uses of technology to solve
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in a broad range of
technology within a complex enterprise computing environment or a
- Demonstrated skill in hiring, coaching and developing a
technical and customer service team.
- Effective interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to
develop an environment that promotes partnership and transparency
with other organizations.
- Proven commitment to promoting and maintaining a
service-oriented culture that also supports a learning organization
where knowledge, competence and performance are encouraged and
positively impact business results.
- Possess a balance of highly developed management skills as well
as specialized technical expertise.
- Ability to manage people with increasing responsibilities
managing information technology professionals.
- Excellent oral and written technical and communication skills
required to communicate effectively with diverse academic and
administrative constituencies both on and off campus.
- A high degree of operations and service skills .
- Demonstrated skill in leveraging technology to achieve the most
effective and efficient solutions to support teaching, student
learning and business processes.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of systems design and implementation and application
- Ability to understand complex challenges and lead teams of
technologists to deploy appropriate technological solutions that
meet campus vision and mission.
- High ethical standards and business acumen.
- Skills in managing organizational budgets and tracking ongoing
expenses with budget
- Ability to remain professional at all times and to be part of a
- Ability selecting and managing outside software vendors and
consulting/contracting firms to deliver service.Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science,
business discipline or other related area
- Five years or more of progressive experience in Information
Technology management positionPreferred Qualifications
- Leadership experience in Higher Education
- Ten years of progressive leadership experience in identifying
and implementing enterprise application solutions
- Five years of IT Project Management.CompensationClassification:
Anticipated Hiring Range: $11,653/month - $12,625/month CSU Salary
Range: $6,250/month - $20,063/month -The final hiring salary will
be commensurate with experience.
San Jos-- State University offers employees a comprehensive
benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For
more information on programs available, please see the Employee
Benefits Summary .Application ProcedureClick Apply Now to complete
the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following
documents:Satisfactory completion of a background check (including
a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will
issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate,
which may be rescinded if the background check reveals
disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the
candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to
satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the
continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the
position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment
and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor
vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks
are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate
Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU
will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of
required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS.
(e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San Jos-- State University employees are considered mandated
reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting
Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in
CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.Equal
Employment StatementSan Jos-- State University (SJSU) is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to
nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship
status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic
information, marital status, medical condition, national origin,
race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation,
transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable
federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students,
faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the
Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state
laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education
programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off
campus).#LI-SJSU1Advertised: January 24, 2023 (9:00 AM) Pacific
Applications close: Open Until Filled
Keywords: San Jose State University, San Jose , Director, Web and Campus Applications, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!