Tax Manager- Real Estate and Partnerships.
Company: Regal Executive Search
Location: San Jose
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Tax Manager- Real Estate and Partnerships. San Jose, , CA
95125-5301 Job Description
Tax Manager - Real Estate and Partnerships. -
Oversee/assist with all aspects of the tax planning, preparation
and review process with a concentration on partnership tax
Individual will also oversee/assist with all miscellaneous tax
projects and conduct complex tax research to support the client's
tax compliance and reporting.
Perform review of all tax workpapers and returns and ensure that
all review comments are cleared prior to filing.
Maintain client relationships and assist firm leadership in
identifying new work and assist in obtaining new engagements.
- Oversee all aspects of tax engagements including tax planning,
preparation and review of primarily partnership, some individual
income tax returns and other tax returns as appropriate.
- Primarily prepare complex partnership and some individual
income tax returns and perform necessary tax planning and
- Supervise and review all related work of seniors, staff, and
interns on assigned client engagements.
- Responsible for supervising, mentoring training and supporting
development of seniors, staff and interns.
- Communicate status of work, problems, and findings to both
internal -management and clients.
- Collaborate with firm leaders, other departments and client
leadership to identify issues and develop and implement solutions
to address issues identified.
- Review engagement profitability and prepare and analyze monthly
billing for assigned engagements.
- Develop and deliver executive presentations, summaries of
financial information and lead client and internal meetings.
Work Experience and Education:
- BA or BS in accounting or a related field.
- Must be a CPA.
- Significant experience in partnership tax compliance and
- Experience with partnership structuring, entity formation and
mergers & acquisitions is preferred.
- Advanced understanding related to the tax aspects of
partnership agreements, contributions of appreciated property
related to 704(c), 704(b) capital accounts, special allocations and
overall experience in dealing with Subchapter K - Partnership
- Understanding of pass-through entity taxation at various state
and local levels.
- Experience and understanding of individual income taxation as a
result of partnership pass-through income.
- Background in Real Estate taxation
- Strong proficiency in partnership federal, state and local tax
- Strong proficiency with tax research software packages and
strong working knowledge of federal tax code and regulations.
- Experience ranging in 3 - 10 years plus in this area.
Focus on four major initiatives established by the Firm:
Profitability, Practice Growth; Client Focus; and Brand
- Monitor the hours incurred by engagement team members and the
progress of assigned client engagements to ensure work is completed
within both a defined budget and a defined timeline.
- Achieve charge hour budget and meet hour expectations
established by Firm.
- Monitor staff charge budgets to ensure staff and seniors
achieve charge hour budgets and hour expectations established by
- Prioritize and manage multiple engagements and tasks.
- Participate in and lead "approved" non-client initiatives to
improve firm administration.
- Assist in establishing and implementing policies that improve
- Consistently utilize all firm and department software
- Represent firm and build relationships by attending
fundraisers, meetings with prospects/bankers, charitable events,
professional organizations, etc.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills while completing client
work and firm-related projects.
- Identify opportunities to obtain new engagements and assist
firm leadership in securing new clients and engagements.
- Participate in and lead public speaking engagements and
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills and working knowledge of
accounting and tax software.
- Demonstrate ability to identify client risks and issues and
communicate recommendations to clients and Firm associates.
- Coordinate and collaborate with team, other firm associates and
client personnel to ensure efficient flow of data, information, and
financial issues, risks and recommendations.
- Identify and present financial improvement opportunities for
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding of client's business,
industry and resources available to provide value to clients.
- Identify complex issues and perform complex technical research
to make recommendations to firm and client leadership.
- Exemplify Brand Attributes of the Firm and promote positive
work environment for team members.
- Support and ensure adherence to all administrative policies and
procedures of the Firm.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently or in a team
environment and exhibit confidence addressing and resolving
conflict with peers, subordinates and firm leaders.
- Consistently seek feedback on performance from superiors and
enhance and develop individual professional and technical
- Prepare and deliver objective and candid performance
evaluations to direct reports and identify coaching and mentoring
opportunities to assist in development of associates.
- Individual will report directly to a Performance Manager who
will provide any necessary guidance relative to administrative
issues or work performance through the formal evaluation
- Responsible for the co-management and supervision of the Tax
Department staff numbering more than 35 people. Related Jobs:
- Partnership Tax Manager
Palo Alto, CA
- SENIOR TAX ACCOUNTANT
Palo Alto, CA
- Senior Accounting Manager
Palo Alto, CA Login to save this search and get notified of similar
Keywords: Regal Executive Search, San Jose , Tax Manager- Real Estate and Partnerships., Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!