Senior Contract Manager
Company: Kinsley Power Systems
Location: San Jose
Posted on: September 17, 2023
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Senior Contract
Managerfor ourSan Jose, CAoffice. Be involved in projects with
ourCivil Transportation Teamand be a part of a growing organization
that meets our client's objectives and solves their challenges.
Contract lead for each construction package during pre-award and
post-award phases. Pre-award phase focuses on developing and
assembling design-build procurement documents, managing and/or
supporting the procurement process, and coordinating the technical
requirements and general (management) requirements with the legal
team's development of the agreement. Post-award phase involves
contractor oversight and administering design-build contracts,
including changes and claims.
Contract Managers are responsible for the administration of Program
contracts. This is a leadership position but does not include
direct staff reporting. Plans, organizes, supervises, and
coordinates the procurement by contract of consultants, public
works design and construction, and coordinates and oversees
contract administration activities.
The Contract Managers are responsible for the oversight of General
and Special Conditions of the contracts as well as contract
specifications and are supported by Contracts specialists who
assist with the development of the Contract documents and Contract
- Contract Interpretation and administration - ensure the client
PMC team is properly interpreting and applying the contract
requirements; ensure the contractor is complying with contract
requirements and applying them correctly.
- Dispute resolution - assist the project team and project
manager in resolving informal disputes; support the program
management and legal teams for resolution of formal
- Contract Compliance - ensure the contractor is satisfying state
and federal contract compliance, and contract requirements relating
to insurance, bonding, subcontracting, and Key Personnel and
Required personnel participation.
- Communication protocols - enforce proper communication and
documentation requirements and protocols, between the contracting
parties, especially regarding written communication, meeting
minutes, written waiver, and proper notices.
- Draft all correspondence and shepherd all letters transmitted
to and from the project team.
- Authorizing Documents - Review Change Directives, Field
Directives, Allowance distribution, Nonconforming Work acceptances,
written waivers, and Change Orders for contract
- Change Management - evaluate changes and claims for procedural
compliance and merit. Work with project controls manager for
determining cost and schedule impacts.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Management, Law, or related
- 15+ years of experience in Public or Private Sector
Capital/Construction Project Procurement roles.
- Experience with contract development, contract negotiation and
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal communication skills
with the ability to interact with employees at all levels of the
- Tactical lateral thinking and strong analytical skills with
attention to detail and prioritization of
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability
to abide by WSP's health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment
Compensation and Benefits:WSP provides a comprehensive suite of
benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and
retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial
stability throughout the employee's career.
Expected Salary: $129,300 - $332,100
WSP USA is providing the compensation range and general description
of other compensation and benefits that the company in good faith
believes it might pay and/or offer for this position based on the
successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills,
and abilities in addition to internal equity and geographic
location. WSP USA reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less
than the posted range and offer additional benefits and other
compensation, depending on circumstances not related to an
applicant's sex or other status protected by local, state, or
Keywords: Kinsley Power Systems, San Jose , Senior Contract Manager, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!