Nurse Case Manager (LVN, RN)
Location: San Jose
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Under general supervision of the Director of HIV Services and
according to The Health Trust's (THT) general policies and
procedures, the Medical Case Manager will provide case management,
administrative, and team support for the day to day operations for
the HIV Services Medical Case Management program.
The Health Trust is a Ryan White Part A/B services provider serving
HIV+ residents of Santa Clara County. Services include a wide range
of medical and non-medical support services to improve healthcare
and quality of life outcomes for our clients.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your
- Generous number of vacation each year
- Generous paid Holidays and your Birthday off!
- Additional holidays for paid shutdown between Christmas and New
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with a Match, plus a potential employer
discretionary contribution after year one
- Professional development opportunities
- Transit Flexible Benefit Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program - wellness portal to support your wellness
goals, cash incentive and PTO incentive.
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Determine eligibility and educate clients on all public and
private benefit programs such as Ryan White funded services, Aids
Drug Assistance Program (ADAP), Medi-Cal, Social Security, State
Disability, Unemployment, General Assistance, Veterans Benefits,
- Develop a comprehensive, individualized care plan and
coordinate the services required to implement the plan.
- Monitor clients to assess the efficacy of the care plan.
- Periodically evaluate the plan and adapt changes as
- Provide individual in person for homebound and aging clients
weekly, monthly psychosocial and case management support.
- Maintain effective communication with clients, primary care
providers, team members, supervisory staff, and all internal and
- Ensure records, such as client files and case notes, are
meticulously maintained in a timely manner.
- Provide referrals for substance use/abuse services, housing
legal, mental health, primary care, dental, and optical
- Promotes adherence with medical visits and with medication,
coordinates with pharmacies to assist patients as needed.
- Documents patient contacts and communicates with the medical
care team using the patient's electronic health records.
- Attends HIV Services, case conferences, QI, and other meetings
- Meets productivity expectations as required by program, funder,
or any other stakeholder requirement.
- Engage and participate in program initiatives.
- Participate in required program trainings and staff
- Travel to health care providers or client homes to provide
services and assist staff as needed.
- Maintains all HIPAA standards of privacy and
- Other duties as assigned. EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Masters degree in public health, health administration, social
work, nursing or related field or equivalent combination of
training and experience.
- Two years case management experience. PREFERRED EXPERIENCE &
- Experience working with an HIV positive or similar client
- Experience working with database software such as ARIES, EPIC,
or Salesforce. MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse cultures,
ages and economic backgrounds in a culturally competent and
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Suite and Google
- Self-motivated and demonstrated critical thinking skill
- Demonstrated strong teamwork and people skills, with ability to
develop productive relationships
- Ability to model and communicate the mission of The Health
Trust and support a culture of empowerment and team support.
- Knowledge of community resources for people living with HIV
Knowledge of HIV, HIV prevention, linkage and adherence Knowledge
of assessment tools and processes
- Ability to learn complex State and Federal laws and
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information in a
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to effectively prioritize assignments and meet
- Strong clinical skills in biopsychosocial assessment, crisis
intervention, supportive counseling, and case management.
- Knowledge of substance use and dependence, assessment, and
- Knowledge of the Harm/Risk Reduction model and Behavior Change
- Knowledge of mental health issues, assessment, and intervention
- Knowledge of public and private benefit and entitlement
programs (Social Security, Medi-Cal, Medicare, State Disability,
General Assistance and other related programs).
- Ability to efficiently handle demanding workload involving
multiple tasks, and master detailed and complex information.
- Ability to relate to other people, handle conflict, crisis
situations, and difficult clients. WORKING CONDITIONS
- Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive
noise, dust, and temperature.
- Local travel required.
- Car available for daily use with valid driver's license and
automobile insurance as required by the State of California.
- Employment background screening.
- Annual tuberculosis screening testing required.
Reports to Director of HIV Services
$82,000 to $90,000
The Health Trust provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic
information, marital status, gender identity or expression,
childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions),
exercising the right to family care and medical leave, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
The above is intended to describe the general content of and
requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be
construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities,
or requirements. While this job description is intended to be an
accurate reflection of the current job, management may revise the
job or require that other or different tasks be performed when
Keywords: HealthTrust, San Jose , Nurse Case Manager (LVN, RN), Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...