Programs Director - Vitek Reveal
Company: bioM--rieux SA
Location: San Jose
Posted on: March 18, 2023
The estimated salary range for this role based in California is
between $218,000 and $261,500 annually. This role is eligible to
receive a variable annual bonus based on company, team, and
individual performance per bioMerieux's bonus program. This range
may differ from ranges offered for similar positions elsewhere in
the country given differences in cost of living. Actual
compensation within this range is determined based on the
successful candidate's experience and will be presented in writing
at the time of the offer.
- A choice of medical (including prescription), dental, and
vision plans providing nationwide coverage and telemedicine
- Company-Provided Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan including a generous non-discretionary employer
contribution and employer match.
- Adoption Assistance
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Various voluntary benefit offerings
- Parental leaves The Company The world is facing a medical
crisis, bacteria are increasingly evolving resistance to even our
strongest antibiotics. The problem is already very real and
immediate; for example, bloodstream infection leading to sepsis is
now responsible for more than half of all deaths in hospitals and
is the most expensive condition treated in hospitals. Sepsis
mortality rate increases > 6% every hour without effective
antibiotic treatment. Yet, despite the life and death urgency, and
healthcare cost impacts, current methodologies require 3 days to
determine the correct antibiotic. Specific Diagnostics, a
bioMerieux company, has developed a breakthrough solution to
rapidly determine the effective antibiotic treatment for
bloodstream and other acute infections. Used for bloodstream
infection Specific's solution provides results 2 days sooner than
existing methods, saving patients suffering from drug-resistant
infection. The Job
- The Program Director Vitek Reveal is responsible for leading
the team of R&D project managers for Specific Diagnostics.
- Reports to VP R&D and Vitek Reveal Program. Is part of the
R&D management team.
- Directly manages the team of R&D project leaders for Vitek
Reveal and other R&D projects.
- As part of the Integration of Specific Diagnostics, the Program
Director Vitek Reveal structures Specific Diagnostic R&D
activities into identified projects that relate to menu expansion,
systems, innovation, support and life cycle management.
- Organizes and coordinates the projects with on-site resources
and support from other sites (STL, DUR, SLC---).
- Ensures End-to-End management of the projects, from the
feasibility phase to industrialization, giving visibility across
the different teams and to top management through Program
- Promotes the Project Management mindset within Specific
- Implements a structure to manage resources, schedules,
financials and adheres to stage gate quality throughout the full
project life cycle. This also includes management of issues, risks
and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time
project delivery. Contributes to process improvement initiatives as
it relates to improving project delivery.
- Has the authority to run the project on a day-to-day basis.
Will verify that the project produces the required deliverables of
quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost and to
achieve the potential benefits defined in the business case.
- Manage a portfolio of complex initiatives that involve one or
- Provide on-site leadership for project teams by building and
motivating team members on multiple sites in the Americas Region to
meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery
will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for
one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously.
- Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the
overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement
of strategic objectives.
- Report on project success criteria results, metrics, risk
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving
environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation, and
- Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies,
tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for
- Prepare estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of
- Estimate resources to achieve project objectives in planned
- Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources and
chairs the project management team meetings.
- Monitor Project Management performance in the Americas Region
and contribute to performance reviews.
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones,
deliverable, dependencies, risks, and issues, communicating across
- Understand interdependencies between technology, operations and
- Demonstrate a functional acumen to support how solutions will
address customers goals while maintaining alignment with industry
- Manage project scope and changes.
- Participate and/or drive feasibility studies, vendor selections
and proposals for evaluation by appropriate key stakeholders.
- Act as an internal quality control check for the project
- Manage ongoing quality control and participate in quality issue
- Assist in dispute, negotiation, arbitration, or litigation, as
- Support formal/informal schedules to manage the engagement
- Define the Statement of Work and User Requirement
Specifications for the project.
- Develop and manage all aspects of project and program
engagement from planning, external vendor relationships,
communications, resources, budget, change, risks, and issues.
- Set and continually manage project and program expectations
while delegating and managing deliverable with team members and
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate
- Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues,
conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements
documentation and presentations to various audiences, including
project team, sponsors, CIO, and key stakeholders.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the
project and program team, analyze results and troubleshoot problem
- Define success criteria and disseminate them to involved
parties throughout project and program life cycle.
- Identify and develop trusted adviser relationship with project
and program stakeholders, sponsors, and university
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project and program
- Deliver appropriate and effective executive level
- Ensure that projects and programs are proceeding according to
scope, schedule, budget, and quality standards.
- Manage project and program issues and risks to mitigate impact
- Continue professional development to keep abreast of emerging
technologies, methods, and best practices.
- Extensive understanding of project and program management
principles, methods, and techniques
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven success in providing on site leadership for project team
by building and motivating team members to meet project goals,
adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones.
- Performance reviews and staff development
- Monitor the performance of staff.
- Establish practices, templates, policies, tools, and
partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the
organization. KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS Preferred
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including
the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a
problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation, and
- Build and maintain relationships by engaging business leaders
to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus, and
- Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal and
presentation) and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change
and competing demands.
- Research best practices within and outside the organization to
establish benchmark data and use continuous process improvement
disciplines to achieve results.
- Tools: MS Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint; CA Clarity
- Experience drafting and submitting budget proposals and
recommending subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Experience in successfully leading projects and programs to
on-time, on-schedule and within budget close
- Experience leading, motivating, and managing various project
and program team sizes, including internal and external resources,
while holding team accountable for performance
- Strong experience presenting to executive sponsors and
demonstrated communication skills; both written and oral with
technical and non-technical staff, all levels of management.
- Experience influencing and gaining buy-in from executives'
sponsors, team members, stakeholders, and peers.
- Team-building skills with technical and non-technical
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented,
- Flexible with proven ability to conform to shifting priorities,
demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving
- Technically competent with various software programs, including
but not limited to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Visio), Microsoft Project
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and
- Must be able to learn, understand and apply new
- Support diverse and inclusive work environment. Required
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent
- 12+ years of project management experience, including tracking
and planning projects.
- 10+ years of experience working with business stakeholders
within a cross-functional matrix environment.
- Experience in PMI Methodology and the 5 phases of Project
- PMI Certification preferred but not required.
- Experience with Change Management in an FDA or USDA regulated
- 10+ years of previous experience with gathering requirements
from the client / business and documentation.
- 10+ years of experience with full product lifecycle with
understanding of development lifecycle and various technology
methodologies that support that lifecycle.
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Project, Excel,
Visio, PowerPoint, and Word with experience presenting to
stakeholders and / or Senior Leadership
- Proven ability to demonstrate a drive for results and
accountability of business needs.
- Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment and
collaborate across multiple areas to achieve a common business
- Interpersonal skills to influence and spur change, facilitate,
and enhance performance within a cross - functional
- Demonstrate decisiveness in resolving business problems, making
decisions, and identifying priorities.
Keywords: bioM--rieux SA, San Jose , Programs Director - Vitek Reveal, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...