Associate Director, Budgets & Analysis (JR 3122)
Company: PATH (People As
Location: San Jose
Posted on: March 17, 2023
JR 3122Associate Director, Budgets & AnalysisLos Angeles, CA
90004Salary: -$80,000 to $90,000/yr DOEDOQFull TimeExempt
PATH is seeking candidates with experience in budgets, analysis,
and fiscal grant compliance to join our Finance Department's FGM
team as a Associate Director, Budgets & Analysis. This position is
based out of our Los Angeles community hub.
ABOUT OUR FGM TEAM The Finance Grants Management (FGM) team in our
Finance Department manages all aspects of PATH's grants and
contracts including invoicing, receivables collection, grant
budgeting, grant budget tracking, reporting, and fiscal
WHAT IS AN ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, BUDGETS & ANALYSISUnder the
supervision of the Director of Budgets& Analysis, the Associate
Director of Budgets & Analysis assists with the systematic
implementation and oversight of PATH's day-to-day budget polices
and procedures. Position Responsibilities: -
- Budget Management
- Manage the logistics surrounding grand budget development and
- Coordinate budget renewals processes with the Director and
- Coordinate budget matters with PATH's donors and
- Create dynamic budget templates for agency use that are
tailored to support the RFP and funding application
- Set up new or revised budgets in alignment with PATH approved
Intacct structure including transferring information to funder
approved formats and ensuring formats are aligned to maintain
efficient billing structures.
- Review budgets for adherence to PATH policies, procedures, and
funder requirements as well as cost effectiveness and make
recommendations for changes as needed and/or appropriate.
- Maintain centralized inventory and tracking of all grant budget
changes and collaborate with the Contract Manager to ensure it is
- Add new budgets and update budget modifications in Intacct.
- Financial Analysis
- Prepare and update agency cost allocation schedules on a
- Coordinate information from Programs and Operations to update
the Cost Allocation schedules including floor plans, staff seating
assignments, changes in facility structures, etc.
- Gather and analyze payroll data to update the position control
- Analyze budgets for data on staffing costs to support the
monthly position control log management process.
- Assist with and maintain the annual costs survey guide for
personnel and operating costs budget allocations.
- Develop professional ad hoc forecasting reports for funder and
- Participate in budget discussions in program implementation
meetings and collaborate with other departments to manage pertinent
- Suggest spending improvements that increase funding utilization
targets and savings for the organization.
- Prepare ad hoc financial analysis of revenue and expenses by
conducting monthly analysis and providing information on grant
- Supervise the Revenue Cycle team/Finance Grants Specialists as
- Other duties as requested by PATH management team which may
include, but is not limited to, grant invoicing and assisting with
fiscal compliance matters.
WHAT YOU BRINGWe're looking for candidates that:
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, proficiency with Microsoft
Word, and familiarity with the rest of the Microsoft Office
- Advanced financial reporting skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform high level analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a complex non-profit chart of
- High level of motivation and self-starting demeanor.
- Strong organization, prioritization, time management, and
muti-tasking skills, including the ability to coordinate multiple
tasks and projects simultaneously and meet deadlines in a
fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.
- Ability to maintain and execute confidential and sensitive
information according to HIPPA and all other applicable standards
- Professional demeanor.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to interact
and build successful collaborative relationships with a diverse
range of individuals at all organization levels. - -
- Experience in accounting, grant invoicing, budget and data
management, or equivalent experience in a non-profit environment in
Los Angeles County.
- Familiarity with Sage Intacct accounting software.
- Familiarity with various federal, state, county, and city grant
financial requirements and systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in finance or accounting OR comparable work
- Five (5) years of experience in accounting, grant invoicing,
budget and data management, or equivalent experience.
- One (1) year experience supervising staff, managing
performance, and performing leadership duties -
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTSRegardless of qualifications, candidates
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
Keywords: PATH (People As, San Jose , Associate Director, Budgets & Analysis (JR 3122), Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...