Executive Chef & Manager
Company: Once Upon a Dosa
Location: San Jose
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Executive Chef cum Manager Job Description:We are looking for an
experienced chef cum manager to fill a vacant spot in our kitchen
staff and contribute to the overall excellence of our restaurant.
We would like this person to have the managerial skills to lead all
aspects of operations in kitchen and services.
- The person we are hoping to employ is first and foremost a
skilled, organized, and creative cook. We are looking for someone
to work as a team player, follow instructions, and help us delight
our customers with delicious food from our menu. In addition to
cooking prowess, great communication and organizational skills are
- A good candidate for this job is a person with attention to
detail who can keep the kitchen tidy and clean all while preparing,
cooking, and arranging food together with the rest of our kitchen
staff. As a manager, the candidate will be Be responsible for
recruiting and training the team on an on-going
- Develop and maintain recipes, portion specifications, and
standard preparation procedures for all dishes and ensure that
everyone follows these standards
- Make periodic and regular inspections of units to observe
quality of food preparation and service, food appearance,
cleanliness and sanitation of production and service areas and
- Ability to promote and drive a culture of the core values and
quality & service excellence-cultivates and drives a work
atmosphere that is relaxed, welcoming and fun.
- Shop for ingredients and work with vendors to maintain stocks &
- Ensure maximizing profits and minimizing costs including
efficient scheduling of staff and inventory control, in partnership
with the culinary team.
- Have a working knowledge of company invoice tracking, labor
tracking, schedule preparation, food cost management, labor cost
management, inventory control and hiring/counseling/termination
- Ability to manage and restaurant with a high level of attention
to detail and genuine care.
- Possess a passion for hospitality, a contagious enthusiasm,
infectious energy and ability to influence people in a positive
- Must have prior experience as a cook.
- Sound and proven leadership abilities, resilience, and
- Excellent teamwork, communication & organizational skills.
- Must be able to multitask and act quickly.
- Positive work attitude and a high level of energy
- Must carry at least a high school diploma.Nice to have
- Bilingual - Spanish & English knowledge.
- Experience with gluten free, vegan, vegetarian & keto dishes.
Perks of working in Theera FoodsWe are a fun place to work and take
great pride in providing healthy nutritious meals to our patrons.
We truly believe that we rise by lifting others and we want our
space to be one that is filled with positivity & growth. We believe
in creating, nurturing and sustaining relationships. Potential
profit sharing based on performance.Company IntroductionDosa was
bored. We gave her a makeover and some curry for company. Now she's
happy, and you can be too! Once upon a dosa is our fun take on the
classic as a flavored waffle.
We are a gluten-free vegetarian Cloud kitchen in San Jose,
California focussing on healthy nutritious vegetarian and vegan
Keywords: Once Upon a Dosa, San Jose , Executive Chef & Manager, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!