Director, Safety/Security 1
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 25, 2022
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the
right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to
democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless
of background or economic standing, has access to affordable,
convenient, and secure products and services to take control of
their financial lives.
Job Description Summary:
The Director, Executive Protection is responsible for identifying,
analyzing, and implementing solutions related to the protection and
safeguarding of executive personnel
This Director will:
- Serve as a critical member of the Global Safety & Security
leadership team which provides physical protection to designated
corporate executives, or others as assigned.
- Collect, analyze and conduct threat analysis and initiates
actions to protect personnel, information and property.
- Take a leading role in the coordination of security activities
for routine and major events.
- Interpret and communicate event recovery plan.
- Lead tactical and operational security delivery for Executive
Protection and Security for Special Events program.
- Conduct security advances and logistical support for events,
venues and travel activities.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality with regards to any
sensitive information pertaining to Principals, physical protection
means and methods, or company information.
- Interact in a professional manner with company team members,
external security personnel or other external individuals and law
- Foster an environment of trust and confidence through exemplary
integrity, dedication and professionalism.
- Perform threat assessments and making recommendations for
improving security procedures and the security of the client's
- 15+ years' experience working in the Protection Services, in a
government or corporate capacity.
- Proven track record of driving results and building effective
relationships with all levels of management.
- Possess sound judgment, flexibility and nimbleness in changing
courses and solving problems swiftly.
- Ability to multitask effortlessly and manage competing
priorities under demanding deadlines.
- Operate with strong integrity with the ability to handle
projects of a sensitive and confidential nature.
- Ability to effectively and professionally represent oneself in
interactions with Executive Staff and their support teams.
- Ability to identify and manage safety and security related
contractor/vendor service relationships to include associated
- Developed and strong technical skills that allow for liaising
with Information Technology to implement technical solutions
specific to safety and security needs.
- Ability to generate and apply creative and innovative
- Knowledge of and strong experience with managing highly visible
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Extensive threat assessment training and skills.
- Ability to effectively solicit, engage and manage key
stakeholders and partners (internal and external).
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and
- Ability and willingness to be available 24/7 as needed.
Medical Skills: Position requires agents be trained and proficient
as a Medical First Responder within 6 months of initial hire
Firearm Skills: Position requires agents be trained and proficient
in the use of a concealed handgun and have the ability to attain or
currently hold a California state concealed weapons carrier
- Able to work irregular or extended hours.
- Able to regularly stand, walk, sit, use hands/manual dexterity,
reach or stretch, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; speak or
- Able to occasionally run or sprint.
- Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions and occasionally
exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving
mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places; fumes or
airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical
shock; work with explosives and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus.
At PayPal, we're committed to building an equitable and inclusive
global economy. And we can't do this without our most important
asset-you. That's why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every
stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental
health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care
for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment,
employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To
learn more about our benefits please visit
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment
revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make
financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and
secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million
consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive
in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons
regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status,
physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression,
genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public
assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide
reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of
incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact
us at email@example.com .
As part of PayPal's commitment to employees' health and safety, we
have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements,
based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include
a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role
requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable
accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that
prevents them from being vaccinated.
Keywords: PayPal, San Jose , Director, Safety/Security 1, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!