Program Manager, Aircraft
Company: Archer Aviation
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California
building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with
a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We
are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric
aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of
up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe
that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives
better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are
dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment
that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of
our team members.
What you'll do:
* As the Program Manager for the Aircraft you will be responsible
and accountable for the program performance of the design,
development, test and certification of the planned production eVTOL
* You will lead and manage the planning, coordination, risk
management, and liaison with Aircraft Engineering, Powertrain
Engineering, Chief Engineer, Test, Certification, Supply Chain and
Quality for supporting the development, certification and
production of Archer's air vehicle.
* The scope includes the aircraft program at the highest system
* The primary deliverable will be the successful development,
verification, certification, and production of the aircraft
* Primary accountability and responsibilities are the management of
cost, schedule, and technical performance to program requirements
and milestones for all system and subsystem hardware and software
solutions. You will openly collaborate with the System focused
Program Managers, System focused Engineering Directors and
sub-system Work Package Managers for the scope defined for your
* The Program Manager will
* Be the primary program leader for Program Gates and Milestones
(CoDR PDR, CDR, PRR, etc).
* Define, launch, and drive mission-critical technical and business
initiatives to ensure overall program success and will be expected
to resolve a wide range of aircraft program issues in imaginative
as well as practical ways.
* Develop strong relationships across Archer, inclusive of
suppliers, and lead a multidisciplinary team to execute complex
development programs within schedule and budget.
* Build program task-based schedules, lead program kickoff and / or
gate meetings, and track milestone progress against the program
* Identify and manage program Risks, Issues and Opportunities to
* Utilize configuration control and change management to maintain
technical discipline of the program.
* Chair the aircraft Program Management Review (PMR)
* Manage aircraft program Requirements process in collaboration
with Director, Systems Engineering
* Manage aircraft program Trade Studies in collaboration with Chief
* Manage the aircraft program scorecard and provide direction to
the organization to address program areas that are not performing
to plan, including disseminating key Program Health information to
supporting Program disciplines (Supply Chain, Quality,
What you need:
* Understanding of and experience with aircraft design,
development, test and production
* Experience as a program manager and knowledge of the program
management best practices.
* Experience in one or more aviation engineering disciplines
* Experience with aircraft civil certification programs
* Working knowledge of how program management interacts and
collaborates with , finance, supply chain, quality, engineering
* Experience managing program scope (technical, budgets,
* Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computers, Mathematics, Physics
or a related field.
* A minimum of 10 years related experience in aviation including
technical product and program leadership and management roles
* Strong interpersonal skills especially in team
building/maintenance and customer relationships.
* Ability to influence across the business through indirect
* Must be able to act independently and make decisions on
administrative / operational issues affecting the success of this
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Demonstrated business insights and business acumen
* MBA or Master's Degree in one of the identified academic
disciplines is preferred
* Thorough understanding of engineering product development
including design phases, manufacturing business processes and
supply chain management knowledge
* Direct experience as a program manager of an air vehicle
This position reports directly to the Vice President of Program
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to
diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of
employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and
business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability
status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Archer Aviation, San Jose , Program Manager, Aircraft, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!