Assistant Project Manager (Data Center)
Company: Rosendin Electric, Inc.
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow your experience and
work with amazing people who will support your growth? If you're
ready to work on fast paced projects with one of the largest
electrical contractors in the nation, then we want to hear from
you. Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the
United States employing over 7,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED
which means you have the opportunity to be a company owner. It's
one of the best places to grow your career and work along side of
people who care about great work and supporting one another. For
more than 100 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building
quality electrical and communications installations, building value
for clients, and building people within the company.
As an Assistant Project Manager you'll be responsible for providing
overall administrative and construction support for our Project
Management team. You're be in the thick of things, supporting every
aspect of a project. Our team members know their way around a
project and will help mentor you. Additionally, we have some of the
best training in the business where you'll learn about every aspect
of the building process. Are you ready?
What you'll do
* Manage all aspects of project documentation including submittals,
RFIs and project meeting minutes.
* Supervise and direct overall project activities as assigned by
the Project Manager including planning and coordinating,
circumventing/resolving problem areas, ensuring all company/project
policies, procedures and standards are maintained, etc.
* Maintain all change order, submittal and document (drawing)
control logs. Prepare required logs and other project documentation
for construction meetings.
* Responsible for contract submittals that are accurate and
* Responsible for creating and issuing the Subcontractors'
* Responsible for the assembly and timely delivery of the Owner and
* Ensure that the project quality control plan is in effect and
* Interacts with Subcontractors to make certain that we have
obtained the correct documentation and drawing for the Owner and
* Responsible for keeping the Warranty Log up to date.
* Represent company/project in meetings with client,
* Cooperate with and technically assist field personnel assigned to
area of responsibility.
* Monitor other contractors' activities and progress.
* Responsible for creating the Job Information Sheets and
establishing Job Files.
* Assume total project supervision responsibilities in Project
* Prepares price change orders and project reports and
* Works with payroll to ensure accurate payroll information.
* The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the
general nature and scope of work being performed by this position.
This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned
based on the positions role within the business unit.
What you'll need to be successful:
* Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or other related
* Minimum 2 years' experience in a construction-related role.
* Can be a combination of training, education and relevant work
experience that is equivalent.
* Knowledge of construction technology, scheduling, equipment and
* Tactful and has professional demeanor, and ability to interact
effectively with managers, employees, vendors and others
* Strong organizational, record-keeping and follow-up skills
* Strong attention to details
* Demonstrated excellence in organization and time management
* Ability to identify and meet customers' expectations and
* Must be a self-starter and a problem solver
* Ability to understand and follow standard operating policies and
* Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook,
Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing
priorities as necessary
* Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing
requirements with a positive attitude
* Effective oral and written communication skills as required for
* Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team
* Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all
levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors,
clients, and others
* 10 - 25%
* General work environment - sitting for long periods, standing,
walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted
primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as
fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
* Noise level is usually low to medium
* Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Rosendin is committed to creating a diverse environment and is
proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are
considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
Keywords: Rosendin Electric, Inc., San Jose , Assistant Project Manager (Data Center), Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!