Regional Human Resources Manager
Company: Allied Universal
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 23, 2022
At Allied Universal -, we continue to build an inclusive, Be
Phenomenal - culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates a
diverse workplace. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer
to our customers and the communities in which we serve. Allied
Universal offers so much more than just a job. We offer careers. We
take great pride in our promote-from-within culture. - There are
countless examples of individuals who began their career as
Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior
leadership team. - We offer medical, dental and vision coverage,
life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company
discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions! Start your
phenomenal career with Allied Universal - today!
Allied Universal is looking to hire a Regional Human Resources
Manager. -This position is responsible for employee relations,
employment compliance, unemployment claims, and monitoring of
employment status for the employees of that designated area. With a
focus on investigations, manager and supervisor training, and
compliance. This position will ensure all recruitment processes,
practices, compliance, technology, and tools are used in the field
to maintain stated region goals pertaining to non-billable overtime
(NBOT), Security Officer Turnover, and Account Manager
- Investigation of, response to, and documentation of employee
complaints, including potential legal issues, EEOC charges, and
- Monitoring of NBOT; Working with Recruiters in finding
proactive solutions in staffing positions.
- Monitoring and assuring compliance in hiring practices,
personnel documentation, and other compliance items (e.g.
licensing, performance evaluations, LDW report, etc.).
- Training of account managers and supervisors in employee
relations, positive employment practices, and avoidance of legal
- Monitoring of employee terminations, assessment of
documentation supporting terminations, and responses to the
-Department of Labor -for unemployment claims.
- Participation in employee retention and human capital
- Coach Managers, HR designees, and others who have HR
responsibilities within a district office.
- Oversee employee relations and claims management activities
throughout the designated area, assuring that investigations are
handled and documented appropriate to negating a lawsuit.
- Support the Regional HR Director and Legal team on sensitive
- Assure compliance with programs are being appropriately
administered regarding licensing, I-9s, leaves of absences,
vacations, personnel file maintenance, status changes, performance
evaluations, terminations, etc.
- Develop, in conjunction with Branch Manager/ General Manager
and HR Director, plans to reduce overtime and turnover
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES: -
- Assist in development of managers through training on labor
law, ER processes, and skills. Help Managers write development
programs for managers with performance issues.
- Improve work environment and employee relations through
effective customer service and various measures, including
complaint investigation, grievance resolution, focus groups, etc.,
as appropriate to the situation and the Concern Resolution
- Ensure that corporate policies are appropriately enforced and
- Assure that appropriate information is communicated with and to
the District Managers and the Regional HR Director.
- Travel regularly throughout designated area to interact with
and gain confidence of district support and operations personnel,
and to investigate particularly serious allegations. -
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration
with a minimum of 2 years of HR Generalist experience.
- PHR Certification preferred, but not required.
- Supervisory experience.
- Ability to train and explain to managers the basics in
employment law for better understanding and supervisory
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle
and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability
to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple
competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Must be highly proficient and fully functional in all Microsoft
Office applications and able to effectively utilize all available
office management technology.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent
judgment and discretion. Must have proven ability to maintain
correspondence, discussions and materials in strictest confidence.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Possess a valid Driver's License with at least one year of
driving experience, a clean driving record (no major violations
within last 36 months, no more than 1 accident in last 24 months,
no more than one minor moving violation in last 24 months), a
minimum level of insurance as required by Company policy, and the
ability to safely operate a vehicle required.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent
judgment and discretion.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required.
Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization,
including with clients, while functioning as a team player
Allied Universal - is an Equal Opportunity Employer. - -All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information,
disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association
with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic
protected by law. -For more information: -www.AUS.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity,
Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using
the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or
require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or
employment process, please contact our local Human Resources
department. To find an office near you, please visit:
Keywords: Allied Universal, San Jose , Regional Human Resources Manager, Executive , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!